Thursday, January 19, 2012

Peace for This Year


I don’t know how He’s going to do it, but the Lord is going to help me work on peace this year.

When I wake up late and the whole day seems off-kilter . . . peace.

When I have to instruct the children for the same task over and over . . . peace.

When my husband is late home from his long day at work and I’ve been with six children without reinforcements for 12 hours . . . peace.

When a passing comment hits me hard . . . peace.

When I hear a bump in the darkness of night . . . peace.

When He tells me to go ahead and I want to hang back . . . peace.

When it is hard to submit . . . peace.

When my plans don’t work out . . . peace.

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7


"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

What is He going to help you work on this year?


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. I have had to have lots of peace too. Espesially since we have changed where we go to church and all the mean things people say about you. I haven't changed any but I geuss some think I have. Peace in God has been the only thing that has kept me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement, ladies! That's a big boost to my peace! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...peace is part of the fruit of the Spirit! Thanks for this encouragement and thanks for linking up at In the Nursery of the Nation :)

    PS: Beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)