Friday, February 3, 2012

Six Sensational Valentine’s Day Gifts That Don’t Cost a Penny


Valentine’s Day is rapidly approaching. Chocolates in heart-shaped red boxes. Bouquets of red roses. Love and mush.

In the interest of this blog post, I summoned the courage – or perhaps the stupidity – to google Valentine’s Day gifts for men. This is not something I recommend. Do not try this at home.

I found a web site called For Men Gifts: Gifts Men Will Actually Like!. Here, you can purchase a Bike Chain Picture Frame for that special guy in your life. 


I’m sure it’s just the look you’ve been wanting in your home . . . . I think he better take that one to work.

Or, you can buy for that special someone (and yourself too) Nickname Snack Bowls. 


I can’t stop giggling picturing us sitting on the couch eating popcorn out of bowls which label my husband as “Hot Stuff” and me as “Cutie Pie.”

Finally, how about a Star Wars Breakfast Beverages Set? 


It comes with Vader’s Dark Side Roast Coffee, Dagobah Green Tea, and Hoth Cocoa. (Okay, I have to admit that this one sounds pretty neat, and I’m sure my husband would love it, but not for $29.99.)

But wouldn’t you rather give a gift that actually improves your relationship? Something that communicates, “I’m thinking of you. I love and appreciate you. I want to reassure you that you are one of the most important people in my life.”

So, what gifts could you give – or get – with real heart-felt emotion? Here are six suggestions.

1.      The Gift of Prayer. What better way to communicate that you are concerned for the welfare of your loved one than to petition the Lord Almighty for His grace, His protection, His favor for that person?

2.      The Gift of Listening. Even if you can’t empathize. Even if you don’t know how to respond. Even if you don’t understand. Give your loved one your undivided attention.

3.      The Gift of Laughter. Go ahead. You can do it. Laugh at his jokes. He’ll love you for it.

4.      The Gift of a Smile. J Are you smiling? Did you enjoy my gift to you? Need I say more?

5.      The Gift of Thank-You. You can either write it out or vocalize it. “Thank you for providing for us.” “Thank you for being spiritually-minded.” “Thank you for being a good father to our children.” “Thank you for loving me.” “Thank you for telling me I’m beautiful.” “Thank you for giving me our wonderful children.” Be creative.

6.      The Gift of a Sincere Compliment. Find something good about him and tell him.

I can personally guarantee that any of these gifts will make for a spectacular Valentine’s Day.

~Meghan

Which one will you choose – or will you choose more than one? Let’s get together and discuss it over a steaming mug of Vader’s Dark Side Roast Coffee. J



A-Wise-Woman-Builds-Her-Home


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Great post...fun and inspiring Valentines ideas for my "hot stuff" man! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronda -- You definitely need those!! :) Did you follow the link? You could also get Danny a book about how to create his own Man Cave! *giggles*

      Delete
  2. You have many great ideas here! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrified Law Student -- How well I remember those days in the law library! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Found you via the Better Mom. HA! Such funny gifts! But I like your ideas VERY much. :) Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jaimie, for reading. Glad you liked it.

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)