Friday, March 16, 2012

St. Patrick’s Day Green Punch Recipe and Some Jokes


If you read my last post, then you know I love St. Patrick’s Day.

So, I know I’m going a little domestic on you this time. I mean, I don’t normally share recipes. But in the spirit of a holiday . . . . Plus, this is a truly terrific punch. It’s a little thick and kind of reminds me of homestyle orange juice. You know, the kind with the little bits of orange floating in it. I love that stuff.

{I found this image on Pinterest and, although I’ve never floated orange slices on top, I love the idea!}


Ingredients
1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored gelatin mix
2 cups hot water
1/2 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 cup white sugar
2-1/4 cups cold water
1 liter ginger ale

Directions
In a large saucepan dissolve the gelatin in two cups of hot water. Allow to cool.
When gelatin is cool, pour into a large punch bowl. Stir in pineapple juice, orange juice concentrate, sugar and 2 1/4 cups cold water. Pour in ginger ale just before serving.

It makes a lot, but it is so incredibly delicious that we drink it all. The corned beef is just a side dish. Be sure to ignore the 232 calories per serving – it’s a holiday!

And now the jokes (but I never said they were terrific).

Q: Why do so many people live in Ireland?
A: Because the capital is always Dublin.

Q: Why do people wear shamrocks on St. Patrick’s Day?
A: Because regular socks are too heavy.

Q: What is Irish and left out on the lawn all summer?
A: Paddy O’Furniture.

Q: Why should you never iron a four-leaf clover?
A: Because you don’t want to press your luck.

I can’t remember where I found those all those years ago, but they aren’t very good. So, I went looking for more and found a few on a holiday website

Q: Why do frogs like St. Patrick's Day?
A: Because they’re always wearing green.

Q: When is an Irish Potato not an Irish Potato?
A: When it’s a French fry.

Q: What does a leprechaun call a happy man wearing green?
A: A Jolly Green Giant.

Enjoy your holiday!

~Meghan

P.S. If you try the punch – or the jokes – let me know how it turned out!




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)