Monday, June 25, 2012

When God gives you a detour, enjoy the scenery

Our route to church has changed. 


It’s construction season across the United States. Millions of people are being forced off their regular routes to roads unknown, sites unseen, and extra time spent.

Our new drive is taking us on county roads that we had never been on before.


Quite frankly, I’m surprised that I have been enjoying the scenery. Getting anywhere even remotely close to on-time is a near impossibility for our family. So the added time of a detour is typically unwelcome and crankifies most of us.


In life, isn’t this usually the case? We set goals for ourselves ~ dream jobs, just-so houses, the “right” number of children, the perfect physique, relaxing vacations, a certain number of visitors to our blog.

But what about when God sends us on a detour?


When extra miles are added to our trip before we reach our goal?

Is there some goal in your life, something you have wanted to achieve or accomplish, but road blocks keep popping up?


Perhaps God wants you to see something else ~ or just enjoy the drive at a more relaxed pace.

When God gives you a detour, enjoy the scenery.

post signature




~~~~~
Become a follower of this blog or receive new posts by e-mail ~
just sign up at the right side of the page.


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love this! It's usually about the journey...not the destination! :) Awesome pics! Hopping from Seedlings in Stone.

    Mindy @ New Equus - A New Creation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mindy. I'm preaching to myself, really. I'm so goal-oriented that I can forget to "stop and smell the roses."

      Delete
  2. Ha! When God turns your plans upside down! I'm a recovering type A personality because I've learned that I do not have control over my plans. Thanks for linking this up Meghan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like I need a lot of reminders! Thanks for commenting, Jolene.

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)