Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Kitchen Creations ~ White Chocolate-Covered Pretzels


I know I’m going a little domestic on y’all. First, sewing the tee-shirt dresses, and now a recipe. But tomorrow is Independence Day in the United States, and we’re gearing up to celebrate our freedoms, even without fireworks. (Pray for rain!)

The children love to make chocolate-covered pretzels at Christmas, and it was a few years before we had one of those ~duh!~ moments and realized we could make them for other holidays. To change the holiday ~ or the country ~ just change the color of the sprinkles.

We had a container of holiday pretzels left from Christmas. It had never been opened, so they were still fresh. The girls picked out the stars and bells. (Okay, maybe they’re snowflakes, but we’re pretending they’re stars. By the way, have you ever seen a Fourth of July tree? Me neither.)


So, all you need are pretzels, almond bark, and sprinkles.

Melt the almond bark. (The package typically has detailed instructions.) Place the entire 24 ounces in a glass four-cup measuring cup and microwave for 90 seconds. Remove from the microwave, being careful of the hot handle, and stir with a fork. Continue to microwave for 15 second intervals, stirring in between, until the almond bark is smooth and liquid. For me, this usually takes a total of about 2 ½ minutes.

Needs more time.
Dip the pretzels. Drop three or four in the almond bark and stir gently, making sure they are coated well. After fishing each one out, the girls let the excess drip off, back into the measuring cup. Place gently on wax paper. If the almond bark begins to harden in the measuring cup before you have all the pretzels dipped, just return it to the microwave for 15 seconds and stir.



Sprinkle with your choice of color and design. Be creative and have fun! Be sure to let the almond bark harden again before placing the finished pretzels in a container.




 As the husband says, “They’re the perfect blend of sweet and salty.” Enjoy!







What treats are you making for the Fourth of July?




~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
~~~~~




Linking with Comfy in the KitchenSouthern LovelyA Wise Woman Builds Her HomeNo Ordinary Blog HopRaising HomemakersWomen Living WellMy Little CottageTesha's TreasuresLessons from IvyGrowing HomeThankful HomemakerTime-Warp-Wife


Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Looks yummy!! And yes I have seen a 4th of July tree. I decorated one once for the 4th. Left it up till fall time. I'm crazy I know. But it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Michelle, as I was writing that, I thought about all the ridiculous Halloween junk people are putting out. If we can decorate for something like that (though I don't!), why not pull out all the stops for our country's birthday? It's infinitely more worthy of decorating. Anyway, I'm sure your 4th of July tree was cute. All your decorating is terrific!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Meghan. I hate Halloween. I don't know how anyone can think those decorations are cute. They scare me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should try chocolate covered pretzels with Tony Chacere's creole seasoning! Sounds funny and maybe a little gross but is delicious! Maybe it's a southern thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Kristy, it sounds gross! :) But I bet my husband would like them -- he likes spicy. We'll have to try it. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Ashley, you're from the South. Have you had the creole seasoning Kristy mentioned above? Hope you're enjoying your break!

      Delete
  5. My boys would absolutely love these! And I love that it actually looks pretty easy. ;) I'm glad I found you at NOBH. :)
    Love and God Bless,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christy! Depending on the ages of your boys, they could make them!

      Delete
  6. thanks for sharing this friend...passing to invite everyone to my tuesday bloghop a way of sharing with others ...thanks if you join...loves soraya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out. Thanks for the information!

      Delete
  7. Aren't white chocolate covered pretzels the best? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice posting. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)