Friday, August 3, 2012

Why Here Won’t Ever Be Satisfying

(I’m returning today to Five Minute Friday with Lisa-Jo Baker. It’s a flash mob of writers writing for five minutes with stopping to edit. If you’d like to join in, just head over to Gypsy Mama. This Friday’s prompt is here.)

Carpe diem. Seize the moment. Live life to the fullest.

Blah, blah, blah.

It’s never fulfilling, never quite enough.


 I could surround myself with a luxurious mansion and wealth unimaginable. It wouldn’t be right.

I could have a dozen more children, precious little blessings that make my heart thump, thump, thump. It’s just not right.

Travel the world – which I would love to do. See The Great Wall, the Barrier Reef, the North Sea, Buckingham Palace.


No matter where I go, I’m still here.


Here isn’t there. I long for Heaven, my real home.

Here is but a shadow of what is to come, a glimpse.

I long for that time, eternal, when here will be there….










~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
~~~~~

Linking with Comfy in the KitchenGypsy Mama


Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. So true! Thanks for sharing with us on the Gypsy Mama this morning. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The photos and the words....here is never enough when we have there to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you stopped by today, Lori. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. So, you've done your best! Five minutes to write, well done. It is a little blog showing the longing from your heart. Longing to/for (?) our heavenly Home, where Jesus is.

    Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite distracted, so I know it's not much. But this is what first came to my mind when I thought of the word "here." Thanks so much for the encouragement.

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)