Thursday, September 20, 2012

How can I pray for you?


“I hate to bother you again but could you please say a prayer. . . .”

This was the first line of an email I received a few days ago. I quickly reassured this friend that I would definitely pray for her and her family.
It made me reflect on the hustle and bustle of our times. We have a subtle but pervasive hurry-and-worry approach to life that prevents us, too often, from reaching out to others, from receiving others who reach out to us, and from interceding in prayer for them.

I reassured this friend of one other fact.

It is never a bother to be asked for prayer. It is a privilege to bring the requests of others before the throne of grace. God help me never to cease praying.

Today, I’m asking you to pray for this friend of our blogging community. Her family is struggling with spiritual attacks which are being manifested in a specific, evil way. She and her husband need strength, wisdom, discernment, and help to fix her eyes on Jesus.

I dare say this could describe almost all of us.

I would be honored to pray for you today if you would like to leave a comment. You may be as specific or as general as you like. If you are specific, please choose family-friendly words. If you comment, please also pray for the person who commented before you. If you would rather leave a comment on my Facebook wall, please do so.

How can I pray for you?







I've changed the settings to allow anyone to leave a comment, but a name is always appreciated.



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~

This post may be linked up, with much gratitude, to these blog hops.


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I agree it is a privilege to lift each other in prayer! I will say a prayer for your friend blogger too... I am stopping by from thought provoking Thursday community... Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both appreciate your prayers. Thank you so much for your time and effort, and many blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. I lift your friend up too, in the protection of Jesus blood covering, in the declaration of Psalm 91. Lord, send your ministering angels to lift and deliver in this situation. Cover them in the shadow of your wings. Deliver them from the pestilence stalking in the dark. You give them peace, strength. You lift them up so they will not fall.

    Joining you hear from Thought provoking Thursday too. Nothing more beautiful to share with others than prayer! I appreciate prayer in God's open doors regarding job interviews... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen and amen! Praying for you today, Pam, that God would open whatever doors He wills and that you would find peace and comfort and strength in whatever the Lord brings your way. So glad you mentioned this!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! Every time I feel like a door is opening, it seems stalemated. It's been two years unemployed, so full time work is really needed. I appreciate your prayers! I'm lifting you up right now too :) I actually just now heard back for a small freelance job coming my way in a few months... every bit helps. An answer to prayer for that one because it took so long to hear I'd pretty much given up on it, and it may lead to more.

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)