Monday, November 5, 2012

Ten Bible Verses for Peace During Any Election


Presidential elections make most of us nervous. No matter how wonderful or how horrible the candidates are or what they stand for, we bite our nails, rub our hands over the smoothness of our worry stones, and eat chocolate.

I don’t think it’s any secret that the people of the United States are making a significant decision tomorrow at the polls. This election seems particularly tumultuous.
It always seems like our country hangs in the balance while the American people make up their minds. I need some peace and comfort. What about you?

Here are ten verses that I’ve been meditating on these past weeks, and I pray that they will soothe you. As you vote and then wait for the returns, bathe it all in prayer.

  1. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. ~ Matthew 6:33-34
  2. And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” ~ Matthew 22:21
  3. Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. ~ Romans 13:1
  4. Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” ~ John 14:6
  5. I know that You can do everything, and that no purpose of Yours can be withheld from You. ~ Job 42:2
  6. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. ~ Ephesians 6:12
  7. For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. ~ Ephesians 3:14-19
  8. Let the groaning of the prisoner come before You; according to the greatness of Your power preserve those who are appointed to die. ~ Psalm 79:11
  9. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 4:6-7
  10. He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.” Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus! ~ Revelation 22:20


Amen!




Do these verses comfort or reassure you? What verses are you meditating on at this time?





~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~



This post may be linked up, with much gratitude, to these blog hops.

Photobucket Growing Home parents as teachers Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers Womanhoodwithpurpose


Pin It!

21 comments:

  1. Thanks Meghan! This is absolutely perfect. I linked up. =)
    Pax to you. It'll be over soon! Hopefully peace will follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Michelle, for your kind words and for linking back here. Of course, if my guy wins, peace will be easy. :) But God can give us peace no matter who wins. I'm looking forward to it being done!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Meghan. I prayed through these verses just now and realized how little praying I've done for the election. Thanks for this important reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prayer is so important, but I'll confess I've not prayed as much as I could -- or should -- about the election. It's not too late, though! I'm so glad it was helpful to you today, Gail.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise. Many blessings to you today!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Meghan, for this powerful reminder that God exalts and deposes those in authority, and we can trust that there is a greater agenda at work there than what we've seen on the news. May God glorify himself through it all! Visiting from Be Not Weary today, where I've also written about the election :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this! I keep reminding myself that God has a plan and He is in control. No matter what happens today, that remains! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Timely reminders. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great verses, I've been praying but was looking for Bible verse to pray too. Thanks for linking up and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leslie. We're praying even now as we wait for returns.

      Delete
  8. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can use some encouragement from God's Word during this Election Day--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep praying! It's not over yet -- at least as I type this.

      Delete
  9. Thanks Meghan. Beautiful verses and beautiful reminder of who we depend on.
    We need to all pray for our country. Not only the politicians but everyone here. Maybe we need to focus on America and the needs here. Just sayin'.
    Thanks again.
    Have a beautiful Friday,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have to travel out of the country to find a mission field, do we? Some of us just need to get to know our neighbors or the greeter at Wal-Mart. Thanks so much for visiting, Sherry.

      Delete
  10. Love the encouragement here, Meghan! I love how you share your convictions and truth, but you do it in an encouraging manner! I have come to expect and appreciate that from you. I'm pinning this to my Thriving Thursdays board on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal. There is just so much discouragement and despair already that I don't want to add to it. You wrote a terrific post about that just recently! Always glad when you visit, Crystal.

      Delete
  11. I am reading this with great comfort. The Lord is awesome and he is above all things of this world.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)