Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Keeping It Clean ~ My Favorite Big Family Bible Verse {Big Family Idea Bonanza Series}


Before I had children, my house was kept like a museum. Dust was obliterated the moment it hit a flat surface, book were alphabetized on the shelf, and you could eat off the bathroom vanity. One evening when we had friends with children over, their son walked right into our storm door because it was so clean he didn’t see it.

Fast forward to six children later….

Toys on the floor. School books on the table or the back of the sofa. Mail and sticky notes on the kitchen counter. Toothpaste smears in the bathroom sink. It’s not always “company-ready” by some standards.
It’s not that we don’t clean. The house just doesn’t stay tidy like it used to. {Can I get an amen, sisters?!}

As we added on children, I began to despair of ever having a museum again.

But a wise Titus 2 woman and the mother of a friend of mine {Thanks, friend!} led me to this verse.


When we had no children {oxen}, our home {trough} was clean. But many wonderful family times and blessings {increase} have come through our six little Christians eager to live for Christ {the strength of our ox}.

Yes, children can be messy. They can be expensive. They can be unruly.

But the harvest of a family can be abundant, far overriding any inconvenience or expense.








What increase or blessings do you see in the strength of your ox?


Other posts in this series ~




~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~



This post may be linked up, with much gratitude, to these blog hops.

Photobucket Growing Home parents as teachers Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life Womanhoodwithpurpose http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord


Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. So true. When our grandchildren come over, the house gets instantly cluttered with toys and dropped food and muddy feet. But the benefits are worth the mess. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a wonderful grandma, Gail! The mess can always be cleaned up later, after they're gone. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Yes, amen! :) Blessings in our children: laughter, creativity, little (& big) helpers, hugs, the joy of seeing them learn & grow....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The joy of so many little moments.... Thanks, Christa! Many blessings to you and your blessings.

      Delete
  3. Loved this .. I am going to make a wall hanging with this verse. I hav 6 kids as well and my house is never as clean as it "should" be but now I will think of it as increase. Lol thanks again for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great idea, Sheila. I'm glad this was encouraging to you!

      Delete
  4. I JUST wrote a post very similar to this, because I have been facing the exact same feelings- See it here!
    Thanks so much for letting me know I'm not alone. Very encouraging. Take care!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great post, Christina. "I've given up on perfect." But who defines "perfect" anyway? Thanks so much for commenting!

      Delete
  5. YES!!!! So good, thank you! ;) I've just posted this week's new Homemaking Linkup and would love to have you join, if you'd like.

    Blessings,
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that verse--isn't it funny how we can read the Bible for years and never really see the truth of a verse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! My first thought is usually a wonderful I-learned-something-new. My second thought is why-haven't-I-seen-that-before? Ultimately, though, I'm just glad for God speaking to me, through his word and through other women. Thanks, Pamela!

      Delete
  7. loved the post! I keep finding my way back to your blog through Our Simple Country Life link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to have you here, Ruthie! Many blessings to you!

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)