Friday, April 12, 2013

The One Where Days Have Flowed and I Can’t Believe It’s Friday ~ Homeschool Week Wrap-Up




Doesn’t that just make you smile?


In our homeschool this week…

We have only forty or so days left in this school year! The children haven’t put together a count-down calendar, but the 13yo knew exactly what number day we had today.

The days have flowed together this week, until I can’t believe it’s Friday already. Or maybe it’s just because I’m getting older…. *sigh*


Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Technology can be such a boost to the homeschool. Did you know you can sing the prepositions to the tune of “Pop Goes the Weasel”? We couldn’t quite remember the tune and make it all fit, but we found a video on YouTube. So now….yeah. Can’t get it out of our heads.


My favorite thing this week was…

The stormy day we had yesterday…dappled gray clouds scudding across the sky, heavy drops splatting on the ground, bright daffodils bending their heads in worship to the Creator of the clouds.


Things I’m working on…

Curriculum for next year! Some has arrived already, and I’m anxious to dive in and {perhaps} not surface until August.



On the blog this week…

My Daughters’ Modest Monday~Shopping for Homeschool Materials – Our second Modest Monday featuring my daughters and what they wore when we went shopping for curriculum.

A One Hour Maxi Dress…When Shopping Fails – Sometimes my daughters and I just can’t find something appropriate. But we found a terrific pattern that came to the rescue.


I’m reading…

Remember that cute book report form I shared with you a couple of weeks ago?


Definitely one for the keepsake binder!


I’m grateful for…










How was your week? Are you planning already for next year?


Isn't that cat simply adorable? New styles from Lilla Rose!






~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~



This post may be linked up, with much gratitude, to these blog hops.

Photobucket Growing Home parents as teachers Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket Life In Bloom


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Love the preposition video and yes the flower makes me smile. Love it! Thanks for linking to Homeschool Review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, wasn't that helpful? I'm finding so much help with YouTube. Thanks, Savannah!

      Delete
  2. Thank for sharing the book report form. We're winding down our school year, next week is our last. Looking forward to the break! I haven't even given curriculum a thought yet....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost done? Wow! I'm impressed. Have a wonderful break, and thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Oh, we should finish up our school year about the same time. We have 36 days left. Do you celebrate? Happy Box Day! I started buying some things in December as I found them used at AWESOME prices. I'm thinking that I'll only need SOTW 3 now...and I've only spend about $40 on curriculum! I have that book report saved! Great job on the one shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great deals! What is Box Day? When we receive our curriculum in the boxes? A celebration of the end of school? Whatever it is, I'm sure the children would love to make some cookies and have a party! :)

      Delete
  4. Visiting from the ihomeschool blog hop. Your blog is so lovely! I especially love the header. Loved reading about your week. So grateful for God's glory peaking through the cold ground here in Ohio as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. I've been thinking of changing the header to something more "professional", whatever that means, but I still really like it. Think I'll keep it a bit longer.... So glad you visited today, and hang on, Spring is coming! :)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)