Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Reduce ~ Reuse ~ Recycle {With a Twist} for Earth Day

I'm not sure how I know this, but Earth Day is Monday, April 22.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure the reason behind Earth Day.

But I'm not here to discuss the philosophies, celebrations, and revelries of the Earth Day proponents. I'm all for taking care of the resources The Lord has entrusted to us, as long as we acknowledge that The Lord created the Earth.



But did you know we can find faith and the Bible just about anywhere?

This Earth Day, and every day, I want to encourage you to reduce, reuse, and recycle.


Reduce...your attachment to and your involvement with the world and its entanglements, including time commitments that draw you away from God and family relationships. “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” {Romans 12:2}

Reuse...your Bible, reading, meditating, memorizing every day. “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.” {2 Timothy 3:16-17}

Recycle...God's love for you into love that you show to others. “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.” {John 13:34}








Do you reduce, reuse, and recycle?



It's not too early to think about Lilla Rose for Mother's Day!




~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~



This post may be linked up, with much gratitude, to these blog hops.

Photobucket Growing Home parents as teachers Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket Life In Bloom


Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. Your three Rs are great--a good summary of the way we should live.
    I'm visiting from Encourage One Another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the application here. The picture is gorgeous. Where is that??

    Thanks for linking up with WholeHearted Home this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture is from the top of Lookout Mountain in Colorado. Near Denver, I think? I would have gladly built my home up there and never left! :) Thanks for hosting the link-up, Judith.

      Delete
  3. Awesome post. I am going to make a poster for school useing that. Thank you so much for your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Sheila!

      Delete
  4. Lovely post, thank you. And such a beautiful picture of hillside and mountains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie. Colorado is God's country! (Okay, so I'm not really sure what that means, since God made it all, but it seemed appropriate.... :) )

      Delete
  5. I love your three Rs!! Really spoke to me today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it was encouraging, Christa. Many blessings to you today!

      Delete
  6. That was so awesome. I am sharing it with some friends (giving you credit of course) if you don't mind. I really love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is good! God bless you for sharing and coming up w/ these thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good thoughts about Reducing, Reusing and Recycling. Thanks for the reminders! betty jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely view! So pretty. Can you imagine a view like that every day? Wowzers!

    I would like to share this on my blog facebook page. I assume you don't mind? I will give a link back to your blog.

    Thanks so much for linking up to the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all, Nan, and thanks! :)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)