Wednesday, June 26, 2013

My Humblest Apologies ~~ and a Switch to Feedly

I feel absolutely horrible that I missed Monday’s post, and I humbly apologize. I hate to think that I let you down when some of you have come to expect a post three times each week.



Saturday afternoon, a beautiful storm rolled through. I enjoyed the pounding of rain on the roof while I sipped coffee and basked in the decorator lights. However, a nearby lightning strike took out our DSL equipment. Ironically, I had written this week’s blog posts Saturday morning, but I hadn’t scheduled them. I still needed a photo for Wednesday’s, and I wanted my husband to proofread them for me.

Add to that the fact that my husband’s car is in the shop, so he’s driving the van and leaving us home without transportation while he’s at work. Thus, I couldn’t go to the library or McDonald’s for internet access. You might remember that one of our ways of saving money is to not pay for internet on cell phones.

I guess the Lord thought I needed a cyber rest. J

On top of all that, on Sunday, I came down with the nasty cold that’s been running through all the children. I’ve been in a haze since then and just now realized that I haven’t addressed the whole what-do-we-do-after-Google-Reader-disappears issue.

Quite frankly, I have no idea how many readers use Google Reader. I’m not terribly tech savvy, but I want to provide an alternative for those of you who are.

I’ve chosen Feedly. It comes highly recommended from sources I trust. With one click, you can download it. With another click, you can import Google Reader. Apparently, it’s not just for reading blogs, but it keeps track of sites for news and all sorts of interests, including YouTube. I’m looking forward to exploring it a bit more myself. J


So, hopefully, in the next couple of days, you’ll see the Feedly icon added to my sidebar. I had planned to add it at the time of this blog post, but it was impossible, even with Feedly's instructions, to discover my feed url to make the button. I'll keep working on that. In the meantime, if you need assistance in acclimating to Feedly, I found a tutorial that I plan to study when my brain haze clears from this cold.

Of course, you could just subscribe by email. That’s also on the sidebar. That’s how I subscribe to my favorite blogs because new posts arrive right in my inbox. I’m also active on Facebook. I haven’t done much with Twitter {yet?}, but my settings are such that each blog post automatically sends out a tweet.

I hope I’ve adequately addressed the issue. If I haven’t, I would appreciate an email from a tech-savvy reader. J

This Friday, I’ll be posting my Homeschool Mother’s Journal. Next Monday, I’ll have My Daughter’s Modest Monday with the modesty series wrap-up.

It is true that absence makes the heart grow fonder, because my brief cyber break has demonstrated to me how much I appreciate and need your companionship along this road we call life. Thanks for reading and commenting!











~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket Life In Bloom


Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    Does this have anything to do with signing your blog through Google?

    My son set this up because I could not sign some blogs with just a name and an email address.

    BLESSINGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about all the technology to know if it affects your ability to leave a comment. Thank you to your son, though, for making this possible!

      Delete
  2. Sorry you're sick in summer!

    I've heard about Feedly, I really need to check it out before next week! I follow my favorite blogs by email so I don't miss things - including yours. And I did miss your Monday post but totally understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tristan. I appreciate your loyalty in reading. I follow your blog through email also! :)

      Delete
  3. Its nice to hear from you and I hope you and your children get better soon!

    God bless
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bekah! We're on the mend, but this is a nasty bug and it's taking a while.

      Delete
  4. No apologies necessary, although I was one of those people who was wondering if my email notification wasn't working properly. :) I get such encouragement from your blog!!

    Sorry your family has been sick. Summer colds are yucky!! Praying that everyone feels better soon!!

    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad you can't hear all the coughing through the blog! :)

      Delete
  5. Great idea to have the blog send automatic tweets, I want to explore that one a bit more myself! Thanks!!

    Hope everyone will be feeling better, soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember how I did that, Bibi, but it must have been in Blogger settings somewhere. Too much clanking around in my head to keep track of it all.... :)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)