Friday, August 16, 2013

Our Typical Homeschool Day ~ in Photos

Pretty soon the wide blogosphere will be flooded with posts on a typical homeschool day as bloggers participate in the iHomeschool Network's Back to School Blog Hop.

I LOVE posts like that!

But since life is moving at break-neck speed with homeschool, six children, blogging, other writing pursuits, and now building a home, I decided to hand the camera over to the Bigs and let them record our typical homeschool day in photographs. J

What you see in this post are unposed snippets of our twenty-fifth day of school with an 8th grader, a 6th grader, a 5th grader, a 1st/2nd grader, a 4yo, and a 2yo.

Starting my day right.

Retrieving their first subjects from the cubbies.



Breakfast juice in the new mug.

Biggest Big and Littlest Little "doing" school.

I have no idea why he looks distressed. We were just going over the lesson plans.

A rare phone call for me right at clean-up time.

Sometimes he's just curious. Sometimes he wants to interfere. Either way, I figure he can learn by observing.


Good natured squabble over who gets to practice piano next. I thought we had that on the schedule?


The winner practices first.


Setting the table for lunch.


Sneaking in a few Facebook minutes while I watch the eggs.



We're usually all giggly by lunchtime.



The others really do have chores. They just didn't make it to the pictures.




The 13yo helps check some of the schoolwork at the end of the day.









What's your typical homeschool day like?






~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com


Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. I love day in the homeschool life posts too! Thanks for sharing your day! Hope you all have a wonderful school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Adriane. We're off to a great start. Many blessings to you in your school year!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I wish ours looked so calm. Always having other's children in our home, never calm! Great photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing about photos is that you can't hear the noise. :) But yes, Val, if we took care of as many children as you do, I'm sure it would be quite different.

      Delete
  3. I love the candid pictures, they really give a flavour of your day. I especially relate to the tablet computer while cooking :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just need to be sure not to burn anything... :)

      Delete
  4. Love the pictures! Your a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I've been homeschooling just a bit over 10 years now. I am sooo very happy to being starting back with preschool now as my children are 18 and 14. We are so blessed to welcome our very first foster son into our home, and this is where my preschool years, which are some of my FAVORITE years, is coming from.
    Blessings:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, sweet, Deanna! Many blessings to you as you homeschool your foster son. :)

      Delete
  6. how fun, I like seeing your day in picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love seeing what others do with their days. Thank you for inviting us in. Pictures of your family always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to get a little peek inside. :) Thanks, Linda, for your kind words.

      Delete
  8. I completely admire you doing this with your children! I absolutely love this!! - Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tiffany. We love it, too! :)

      Delete
  9. Love that mug!
    Stopping by today from Thriving Thursdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 13yo won that in our library's summer reading program, and now I think I need to get one for everybody in the family (including me). :) Glad to have you here!

      Delete
  10. Loved seeing these pictures.I'm helping homeschool my granddaughter this year and I'm so excited. Only one day a week--kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy that precious time with her, Pamela. What a blessing! :)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)