Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fall Comfort Food ~ Wrapped Meatballs

I don’t know what it is about meatballs. They just seem perfect for cooler temperatures, longer nights, and thick sweaters.

Not that you can’t enjoy meatballs at the Fourth of July cookout or a family reunion in June. But they just don’t seem to have the same warming, comforting effect as they do in the fall.

This recipe has quickly become a family favorite and is often requested for birthday dinners. This mama especially likes it because it’s easy for the 13yo and 11yo to prepare! J

You’ll need ~
1 can of eight biscuits
32 frozen meatballs
1 jar Alfredo sauce {We like Ragu because we can get it on sale. It’s also good with Ragu’s Roasted Garlic Parmesan. J}

The beauty of this recipe is that you can do it completely homemade if you prefer ~ homemade biscuit dough, homemade meatballs, homemade Alfredo sauce. Then…homemade taste. Yum!


Cut the unbaked biscuits into fourths.


Stretching and pulling as needed, wrap a fourth of a biscuit around each meatball. 



Place side by side in a non-stick-sprayed 9x13 pan.

Bake at same temperature as needed for biscuits until golden brown, making sure the biscuits in the middle aren’t doughy. We bake at 325F on speed bake for about 25 minutes.


While the wrapped meatballs are in the oven, heat the sauce over low heat. Stir often so that it doesn’t bubble out of the pan and over the countertop when you take the lid off. {Don’t ask me how I know this. J}


Serve the sauce over the meatballs.

This dish is fast and easy enough for family dinners in a hurry. But it’s also put-together enough that you can add a couple of extra sides and serve it for company.

Bon appetit!









What’s your favorite fall comfort food?




~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com


Pin It!

20 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds delicious!! Meatballs are a favorite around here, so having different variations is wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meatballs are so easy to use, too, Michelle. I love them! Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  2. Ohhh these sound like some serious comfort food! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're wonderful, Maria, and so simple. Bon appetit! :)

      Delete
  3. I chuckle when I read American recipes that use ingredients from a can - its an alien concept to us in Australia. We just don't buy biscuits dough in cans - which I am assuming is like English scone mix rather than pastry?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have an overabundance of convenience foods here, don't we? Yours made from scratch would be super-yum, then, Joluise. :)

      Delete
  4. Now I am starving for these. I guess I better start cooking.

    Blessings!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to know how they turn out, Sue. Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  5. This looks like the kind of meal to take to our weekly church pot luck. Thanks for sharing at WholeHearted Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are best when the sauce is ladled on at the time of serving, Judith. So could you keep the sauce close to the meatballs, and each person through the line ladle on their own sauce? They're not bad with the sauce already on, but then the biscuit would get soggy. I hadn't thought of a potluck dish, but maybe that's what I'll bring next time! :)

      Delete
  6. This is a wonderful meal! You inspired me to try it and my family loved it! Thank you....my daughters now have a great meal to make for the family on their own.
    Hope you have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Jennifer. Enjoy your free time! :)

      Delete
  7. Wow! That looks great! I may have to try that on my kids! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boys and meatballs -- a winning combination at our house. Hope they like it, Rosilind! :)

      Delete
  8. This looks really good! Excellent idea that I'll try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never heard of wrapped meatballs before today. It looks like something my family will really enjoy! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Jackie. I hope everyone loves it! :)

      Delete
  10. This looks absolutely amazing! I am bookmarking this so we can try it. Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I am featuring this recipe this week! Congratulations! :-) Be sure to stop by and grab an "I've been featured" button from my sidebar for your blog. The post should go live late Monday afternoon. I hope you will be able to join us again this week. Many blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an honor, Lisa! Thank you! I'd love to know how your family likes it. (And how many meatballs you had to fix for all those boys! :) )

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)