Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Gone Conferencing….

Authors and workshops and friends, oh my! J

This weekend, I’m attending the annual conference of American Christian Fiction Writers. ACFW is a wonderful organization whose mission is “To promote Christian Fiction through developing the skills of its authors, educating them in the market, and serving as an advocate in the traditional publishing industry.”



I’ll be sitting under the tutelage of such incredible authors as Susan Meissner, Jeff Gerke, and Deborah Raney. I’ll be hobnobbing {and trying desperately not to appear a moron as I ask for an autograph J} with Robin Jones Gunn, Brandilyn Collins, James Scott Bell, Cara Putman, Colleen Coble, Kristin Billerbeck, and many others I can’t think of now through my pervasive I-can’t-believe-I-get-to-go brain fog.

{And I wouldn’t mind somebody telling me my novel is good and I should keep writing. J}

Yeah, I’m a little nervous.

But God will be there, guiding and directing.

I might tear up when the worship choir sings praises to the Lord, and I’m sure I’ll take advantage of the Prayer Room. At some point, I’ll need to be still and just concentrate on the fact that He is God. {Psalm 46:10}

And I’ll call my husband several times each day to make sure all is well at home.

I’m a little nervous.

*ahem* Did I say that already?


With the busyness of this weekend pressing on me, I won’t be posting here on Friday or Monday. But I’ll return on Wednesday, September 18. Comments are always appreciated, but my ability to respond will be limited.








What are you looking forward to this weekend?



{I apologize for instituting comment moderation. Spam and nastiness just can’t be tolerated.}



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket


Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Hope you have an enjoyable, blessed and profitable conference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm praying God will use me to be a blessing to someone! :)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I am so, so excited for you! (And just a teeny tiny bit jealous! I'd love to go sometime. Maybe next year.) I pray you'll be so blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you can start planning now, Crystal? A year will fly by! But you know that already. :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't had the pleasure of reading your novel (yet), but I still think you should keep writing. :)
    Godspeed on your trip.
    Don't miss the kiddos too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're sweet, Debbie, and I so much appreciate your encouraging comments!

      Delete
  4. Have a wonderful time!
    We'll all be looking forward to hearing about how it went.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amber! Anything specific you want to know?

      Delete
  5. Enjoy the conference and when you're back be sure to post all about it because I would love to know more about attending and what happens while there. I would even be interested in details like costs if you were open to sharing. If not, maybe point me in a direction to learn more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tristan, you can find all sorts of information on costs on the ACFW website. They get a discounted rate on hotel rooms, but I didn't stay at that hotel so I'm not sure what the rate was. I would be more than happy to post about it, but I'm not sure what to include. What do you want to know?

      Delete
  6. Hi meghan , I follow you here and on Facebook. I just love your posts in both sites, they are so inspiring that your blog and a few others inspired me to make my own blog here is the link: http://themodestbeauty.blogspot.com/


    Thanks so much for being an exemple!! Much love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog looks as beautiful as you, Amanda. I'm anxious to read more! I'm so glad you find encouragement here. :)

      Delete
  7. How exciting. I've been to a writer's conference before, not that one, but it's always looked really neat. Hope you have a great time, learn alot, and come home encouraged and inspired. I hope you'll share about your time at the conference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inspired and overwhelmed, Angie. That's a lot of people all in one place! Thanks so much for your encouragement. :)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)