Monday, September 30, 2013

My Modest Monday ~ Ten Reasons to Love Autumn

Let’s not beat around the gorgeous, crimson burning bush. Autumn is one of the most glorious seasons of the year!

  1. New clothes, or at least clothes that have been waiting patiently in the back of the closet. Isn't it exciting to wear something new and different? Quite frankly, I was running out of options for the blog. J
  2. Cooler temperatures which bring hoodies, sweaters, and maybe even boots! {Can you tell what I'm hoping to purchase this season?}
  3. Apple picking at the orchard…coming soon to a My Daughter’s Modest Monday near you.
  4. Earlier nightfall. That means cozy white decorator lights and pumpkin spice candles and thick quilts.
  5. Daylight Savings Time. We get our hour back! J
  6. Crafts with the children. With any other season, I am completely incompetent. I don't know why, but fall-related crafts don't challenge me as much. I mean, who can't make a handprint turkey?
  7. The majestic display of reds, oranges, and golds in the fall foliage. God really brings out his razzle-dazzle!
  8. Pumpkins. I don't know why, but they just make me smile. Maybe it's the pumpkin pie, pumpkin crunch, pumpkin dump cake.... J
  9. Increased modesty. Generally. Usually. Hopefully.
  10. Birthday season! We celebrate a birthday about every three weeks throughout the fall and early winter. Yep, all eight of us.





What I wore ~

Fall print corduroy skirt ~ simple tube skirt I made with a ruffle and ribbon at the bottom ~ fabric purchased at Jo-Ann Fabrics a couple years ago


Brown cardigan with beige shell ~ hand-me-down from a generous friend when she cleaned out her closet {God bless friends!}


Brown and beige flower ~ made from fabric scraps and clearance beads


Brown dress shoes ~ Designer Shoe Warehouse {I haven’t purchased shoes for a few years, but I thought their prices were pretty reasonable.}




Lilla Rose flexi ~ French twist in a medium Celtic Knot Brown








What do you like the most about fall?


Don't you think the outfit needs brown boots? I’ll tally the comments and tell my husband that my peeps say I need to go shopping. J



Need some pizzazz for your fall wardrobe? Add a Lilla Rose flexi!



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket


Pin It!

26 comments:

  1. Hopefully is right for number 9. You made the flower? It looks what a bought one, Great job!!

    BLESSINGS!!!

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flower was super easy, not even any sewing. I've thought about posting a tutorial, with the credit back to the site where I saw it originally (if I can find it again :) ) and the ways I've tweaked it.

      Delete
  2. I love fall! Cozy clothes, bring it on! Your skirt is so beautiful, I may have to go on a fabric search and try my somewhat rusty sewing skills on one similar! Thanks for your inspiration!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you really want an easy skirt, leave off the ruffle and ribbon. It's just a tube with a hem at the bottom and a casing at the top. I simply don't have time for much more right now. Have fun with it, and I'd love to know how it goes, Heather. :)

      Delete
  3. Brown boots would be lovely! I enjoy your modest monday series, as well as all of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading, Mary. And thanks for your vote! :)

      Delete
  4. I always love it when fall comes around. I've just been itching to get out all the sweaters and fall desserts (apple pie, anyone?) but it's still getting quite warm in the afternoons here so I'm stuck in the transitional sometimes-summer/sometimes-fall period. I love seeing all of your pictures and posts. They are so encouraging and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, we LOVE apple pie, Jessica. Not sure how I missed that in the list. :) It is still warm here as well in the afternoons, but I am sooo anxious for that fall feel. Thank you for your encouraging comment!

      Delete
  5. I love fall and will be going through all of our clothing and switching for the seasons. My favorite thing is the apple orchard and the cider mill, family traditions for us. ... And, YES, I think the outfit needs those brown boots (looks great with the shoes you have on but brown boots would be wonderful too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Chrystal, I haven't even thought about switching for the seasons. That's no small task for our large family. On the up side, I think that also means shopping with the girls. Thanks for your vote for boots! :)

      Delete
  6. Stunning! We so enjoy fall here, too. Yes, you need to go boot shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post because I LOVE autumn!!!!!!!! The weather is nice, the scents are pleasant, the sunrise is glorious and on and on I could go.
    I love it that your're going to tell your husband that your "peeps" say go shopping! I'm a vote for yes!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's another one I missed, Stacie -- the smell of fallen leaves. Thanks for your vote...so far, the ayes have it! :)

      Delete
  8. What a lovely outfit. Fall is just wonderful and apples and pumpkins add that extra special fun. Thanks for sharing. I agree, brown boots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit! Could you do a tutorial on making those flowers? I've got to try making a skirt like that. I hope to buy a new cardigan this fall. Our church is so chilly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can find tutorials for all kinds of flowers online, Laura, but I think I will post a tutorial, probably next week. Thanks so much, and enjoy your sewing! :)

      Delete
  10. I love fall. Its my favorite season! You look very feminine and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rita, for your kind words! :)

      Delete
  11. What a nice, refreshing post about all the wonderful fall things :) I found this via Thriving Thursdays. I love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph! So glad to have you hop over from Crystal's blog. I think I'll be doing a tutorial on the flower next week. :)

      Delete
  12. I agree with every item on your list! Fall and winter are my favorite seasons.

    Your outfit is lovely. I have no sewing skills, but I'm trying to learn because my daughter enjoys sewing. I've made throw pillows and doll clothes. ;0) Modest clothes are so hard to find, especially since my oldest daughter is at that tween age now.

    Stopping by from Hearts for Home blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doll clothes are no easy task, Sara, so I'd say you have plenty of sewing skills. I quit sewing for quite a while, during the early years of our marriage and when we first had children. I soon realized I wanted to sew for my little girl (now 13! :) ) and so brushed up. I don't think you'll ever regret the time spent learning to sew well. Keep up the good work!

      Delete
  13. This was a really nice post. You look great Megan!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)