Monday, October 28, 2013

My Daughter’s Modest Monday ~ Argyle October Outfit

Isn’t it funny how styles come back around?

Have you ever looked at old pictures of your parents and thought their clothes were a little odd? Perhaps amusing?

But then that style morphs into a different version with slightly varying colors and appears all over the stores. Now, it’s cool! It’s hip! It’s in!

It’s recycled.

I wonder if Solomon was thinking of fashion when he penned his words?

“That which has been is what will be,
That which is done is what will be done,
And there is nothing new under the sun.” {Ecclesiastes 1:9}

J

My daughter’s favorite fall sweater is argyle. When we bought it, our conversation went about like this ~

The 12yo, running her hand over the front of the sweater: “I love all these little diamonds, Mom. The colors are so perfect together.”

Me, clearing throat, dreading exactly where this conversation was going: “Um…it’s called argyle.”

The 12yo: “It’s called what?”

Me: “Argyle. That pattern was popular when I was your age.”

The 12yo: “It’s that old?”

Sigh. J



What the 12yo wore ~

Brown corduroy skirt ~ Kohl’s sale last year
Argyle cardigan ~ Kohl’s sale last year
Beige tee-shirt ~ Kohl’s sale this year {We have found so many uses for this color of layering tee that we aren’t sure how we managed without it.}
Brown shoes ~ Payless sale {Our favorites this time of year! J }


Lilla Rose flexi ~ Oblong bun in size large Music Lovers flexi 








What styles have you seen come back that surprised you?



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Hearts for Home Blog Hop


Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. That's so funny, Meghan. I think argyle is timeless just as oxford shirts, leather jackets, and the little black dress area are all staples for a classic wardrobe.

    Your daughter looks lovely in her fashionably "old" sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On wikipedia, I read that argyle dates back to the 1700s. Wow! Definitely timeless, Keri.

      Delete
  2. I find it funny :) My mom and I share clothes a quite a bit and so whenever we go on a shopping trip we look at clothes and she constantly sees things that she used to wear as a child that are in the latest fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha, Anna! So you're like my daughter -- "It's that old?" :) Platform shoes, bell bottoms.... I wish poodle skirts would make a comeback. :)

      Delete
  3. I have bought several gorgeous vests for my hubby in argyle prints...so timeless. But I had no idea they were that old! Beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nannette, the 1700s? Now that's old! :-)

      Delete
  4. What a lovely young lady! I wore argyle in high school 20 or so :( years ago, but sported penny loafers with it, lol! I don't think argyle ever has or ever will go out of style! Please tell your sweet daughter that my little girl, age 7 was very encouraged to see such a great example of the way a young lady dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice outfit! Thanks for sharing about it.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)