Friday, October 11, 2013

Homeschool Mama, You’re Doing a Wonderful Job! ~ Homeschool Week Wrap-Up

{On Fridays, I post about the highlights of our homeschooling week, usually with lots of photos. I hope something here inspires or encourages you, and thanks for visiting!}

How was your week?

I love getting up early to have quiet with God before the children wake up. This time of year, it’s particularly wonderful.



In my life this week…

This week just seemed to crawl by like a fall caterpillar inching along in the sun. I know, that’s a good thing and doesn’t happen much in this race of life. I thought the week would speed by, especially since I was dreading a Wednesday afternoon dentist appointment. You know how time flies when you don’t want a certain something to happen? But the appointment went well {no cavities!} and the week is finishing without anything noteworthy.

Wait a minute. Nothing noteworthy?

Hugging my children and my husband.
Smiles.
Reading together.
Making fabric flowers with my girls.
Praying and studying Scriptures together in our evening devotional time.
Sharing and teaching manners around the family meal table.
Encouraging kindness.
Praying for a hedge about my family.
How much more could I mention?


How much more have you done, mama?




Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Homeschool mama, you’re doing a wonderful job! I know some of you need to hear that. I need to hear that.

It’s too easy to think as Solomon did. The ho-humness of life. The there-is-nothing-new-under-the-sun-so-why-try, all-is-vanity thought pattern.

But remember how the Book of Ecclesiastes ends? “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man’s all.” {Ecclesiastes 12:13}

It really and truly is that simple. J





On the blog this week…











How was your week?






~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket


Pin It!

9 comments:

  1. Meghan,
    Thanks for the fun peek into your HS week and for your encouragement as well!

    Saw you linked at SYCYSHSer and clicked over....I try to visit a few when I link up and I'm so happy I came over here!

    Adorable pics, just so darn cute. Your kids a re precious.

    Hope to see you around the blogosphere....I'm following/:)

    Take care and God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to "meet" you, Chris. We have a wonderful community of bloggers, don't we? :)

      Delete
  2. Loved your post, as always, Meghan. Thank you for the reminder of how precious that time with the Lord is, and how wonderful the simple things in life are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderfully simple and simply wonderful, Linda. :)

      Delete
    2. Awww super cute blog and post. Found you via the better mom. Hoping to link up with one another. We really like your blog. http://wisemommies.com/index.php/family/pregnancy-maternity/525-lets-talk-about-miscarriage.html
      We posted an emotional post today. Would love your feedback. Thanks and look forward to connecting! Also, your post inspired me to stop saying "I'm just a SAHM", you are right...we do so much everyday just with our handprints on our children. I will try not to ho-hum and just hum more! Hats off to you for homeschooling and for so many children!!

      Delete
    3. "I will try not to ho-hum and just hum more!" Love those words! I'll check out your post, and thanks for commenting. :)

      Delete
  3. What sweet encouragement, my friend! Sometimes we need to be reminded that all we really need to do is to please God, it's that simple. And when we please God, everything else will fall into place as we continue to purpose to live our lives according to His will. I look back on our homeschooling years with sweet memories. Sure we had our moments, but I would love to do it again! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)