Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Trusting God, Trusting My Husband ~ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home Series

If you have absolutely no problem with trusting God with an outcome or trusting your husband to make decisions, then you can skip this post. See you on Friday!

Sometimes it seems that I’m the only one who struggles with trust. J

If you’re still here à {{hug}}

I wonder if this is why law school was so appealing to me ~ learning how to argue to win my case.

In this home-building, it has been {fairly} easy to leave it to my husband. I don't know anything about six-gauge wire or plywood sheeting or roof shingles. But he does, and I know he's got this. Now, my lack of trust does still raise its ugly head now and then, and I get a bee in my bonnet to call the framer and tell him to hurry up or call bricklayers and get a quote.

But then I pray, and the Holy Spirit whispers in that sweet voice that all of this is in God's timing. We've been praying for seven years, and God has now said go. If this is His timing, then He has it, too. Right?

“But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.” ~ 1 Corinthians 11:3

I’m not here to debate submission. I’m here simply to say that trust is necessary in any relationship. But it is absolutely crucial if a married couple and the family they raise are to thrive.

Marriage is the most intimate of relationships, living together day in and day out, sharing finances, children, and perhaps a razor. J It’s all too easy to become so familiar and so ho-hum that we begin to examine and doubt when we ought not.

Can I trust him to prepare a meal that won’t poison us?

Can I trust him to carry the plates up and put them in the dishwasher?

Can I trust him to put the little red flag up on the mailbox?

Can I trust him to put the diaper on with the pictures in the front?

Can I trust him to find the proper route to our destination?

These sound small and silly, but every instance of distrust fractures the rock that should be our family. 


In my ignorance of homebuilding, I have become completely dependent upon the leading of the Lord and the leadership of my husband. I love the feeling of freedom that comes with complete trust, and I’m praying it carries over to all other aspects of my relationship with my husband and my relationship with Jesus.

I’m praying for you too, sweet sister. J








Have you been in a situation where you had to trust your husband completely?

Other posts in this series:





~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Hearts for Home Blog Hop


Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. The more I read on your blog, the more I feel like we've been separated at birth! :-) I pray hard, as well, to be able to completely trust my husband and the Lord. It isn't easy, as I, too, like to argue. I did speech/debate in high school and college. I come from a family of strong-willed and domineering women, so it has definitely been a struggle, but I am getting there with His Grace! How exciting that you are building a home. Have a great night, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your honesty and encouragement, Lisa! It can be so hard to break that cycle when all you've seen is, like you say, strong-willed women. Praying for you! :)

      Delete
    2. Dear friend, I am so happy to tell you that this post was the most viewed on last week's Hearts for Home Blog Hop! You will be featured on 20+ blogs this week, including mine! The post will go live at 9pm Eastern, tonight. :-) Congratulations!

      Delete
  2. I love the fact that it's not my responsibility to make decisions. Don't laugh -- I have plenty of other struggles in this place called life. I just have this grand peace that I'm a woman and don't have to go out and make a living or worry about decisions. I must admit, sometimes with God I struggle--not that I don' think He will do what's best for me, but with the fear of "what is best" for me. I'm so excited you are getting your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Pamela, I completely understand your wondering of what is God's best for you. :) But you're right, of course. There is a peace with knowing that the decision-making burden is not on our shoulder. So glad to see you here again!

      Delete
  3. "I trust him to make a meal that won't poison us"-that made me laugh out loud! So funny!

    Wise words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny the things we women think we have to control? Thanks for commenting, and I love your blogger name!

      Delete
  4. Trust is such a huge thing! I do tend to struggle in areas that I feel that I know more about than him - but I've been wrong - and so has he. Thank goodness I'm not married to an alien - he's human! We're working on the whole trust thing. Hopefully when your house is finished you will have many great lessons and visual reminders to help you in the other areas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good points, Crystal. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  5. The freedom of which you speak that comes from trusting is also a byproduct of obedience. Freedom is a gift, just like the faith which grows as we hear great testimonies as yours. It's all about Jesus. Sadly that may sound trite to some (and to me at times) but that is the lie and we'll be devoured if we don't stand up to it. Great post. I appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing your insight, Debbie. Obedience begets trust. Trust begets freedom. Well said! :)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)