Friday, October 25, 2013

The Week Before the Break We Didn’t Know We Were Going to Take ~ Homeschool Week Wrap-Up

Happy fall, y’all! Is it chilly where you are?



I’m cooking…coffee cake…to keep the house warm in these chilly temperatures. Yeah, that’s my reason. J


{I know I’m out of my usual order here. I just wanted to tantalize you with this photo. Hehehe…. J And yes, we had to turn on the heat. I’m not complaining! We LOVE the cold.}


In our homeschool this week…

We’ve completed 77 days of school already, out of a required 180. Starting in July gave us a huge head start! We want to take off the entire month of December, and we know we’ll want time later for finishing the house and then moving in. The down side, though, is that we’re worn out. The children are losing their motivation, concentration is iffy, and grades are slipping. So, just last night, a fall break was declared for next week! Oh, yeah!



The 13yo has really been enjoying her Apologia science, Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology. This week she cut out muscles to add to the bones of her Personal Person. The muscles lift up so that she can still see the bones glued to the person. Cool!



The 13yo has also resurrected her cello. Since I play viola {a little}, I’ve taught her the very basic of basics. If she continues, lessons will be necessary. For now, she’s still enjoying the first Suzuki book.


This photo is like a hidden picture. Do you see him?

In other news, the organizing bug has finally hit the 7yo. How long have I been waiting for this??? Yippee yahoo! Please, Lord, sink this deep into her soul. J



We’re looking forward to…a baptismal service next Sunday. Praise God that the three Bigs are being baptized! Grandparents are coming, and we’re hosting a family meal after. But I’d like to make the day extra-special and commemorative somehow. Any ideas?


On the blog this week…



Building our house this week…

I can be slow sometimes, so it finally occurred to me that it might be interesting if I shared photos of the progress on our house each week. Some weeks it’ll be quite a bit…and other weeks there might not be much. This week, the framers finished sheeting the outside, and a crane came to raise the roof trusses. My husband is putting in many hours of estimating so that we can take advantage of sales on materials and also line up the sub-contractors to get the exterior done before winter weather sets in.




Have a wonderful weekend, and snuggle up with a loved one to stay warm! J






How was your week?


Linking with Great Peace Academy.



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Hearts for Home Blog Hop


Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Had no idea this much was done on your house. How exciting for you all.

    BLESSINGS!!!

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's starting to look like a house! I'll keep posting photos, Charlotte. Many blessings to you! :)

      Delete
  2. The house is moving fast! Congrats on the Baptism, so special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems so slow, Faith, but I'm just impatient. Thanks for reminding that it actually is progressing! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Meghan.
    Love that Anatomy. We did it 2 years ago. Laughing at you Little boy in the cello bag.
    Thanks for linking up "This Week..." @Great Peace Academy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an amazing week!!! I love the photo of the fall foliage. We just spent 2 years in TX but now we're back to seeing foliage and I realized I missed it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back, Jen. Jump in the leaves, wear sweaters, soak up the crisp cool air! :)

      Delete
  5. The coffee cake looks yummy. I did some baking to keep warm this week. It sounds like you are ready for a break week. Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We start school in July, too. I have learned that we need a fall break every year and we try to take it early to mid-October. I hope you have a refreshing time away from school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we waited a little too long this time, Suanna. I like getting ahead and just don't know when to stop. Early to mid-October sounds good. :)

      Delete
  7. Meghan, I so enjoy reading your weekly wrap-up posts. I really look forward to them. :) You put my homeschool week to shame. I really need to step up my A game. ;) I can't believe how much progress you're making on the house! It's huge too! I forgot how big you said it'll be, but I'm sure you can't wait! No wonder you're feeling like it's dragging! And I had to laugh at your "hidden picture." At first I thought he was a doll! That's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you sure you're not reading too much into this post, Jillian? I'm sure you're doing a wonderful job in your homeschool! :) I haven't baked coffee cake for at least a year, the cello's been hiding in the closet for several months, and the reason I took the picture of the children at the table is because it happens so seldom. Feel better? :)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)