Monday, November 18, 2013

My Daughter’s Modest Monday ~ Accessorize with a Book

You know our fondness for reading. J 

My children learned pretty quickly to bring a book with them everywhere, because one never knows when there might be a boring moment when one wishes one had something to read.

But how fun would it be if the book matched the outfit?


We have fallen in love with R.M. Ballantyne, a Christian adventure novelist from the 1800s. His books have been out of print for a long, long time, and Vision Forum resurrected them and began printing them just a few years ago. They are beautifully bound in fabric and color-coded depending on where in the world the story takes place.

This one, The Dog Crusoe, is in the 12yo’s to-be-read pile. Isn’t it fun how the dark green fabric cover brings out the green stripe in her shirt?

{You can call me a nerd in the comments if you’d like. I’ll take it as a compliment. J}


You can see in the photos how windy it has been this weekend in our part of the country. We snapped these just before the severe thunderstorms and tornadoes came through.

This skirt is the 12yo’s new favorite. We love how the seams criss-cross around the skirt, and it ruffles in the wind without being revealing.


What the 12yo wore ~

Denim skirt ~ thrift store
Striped shirt ~ Kohl’s sale {It’s a well-loved shirt and starting to fade, but we’ll make it last as long as we can. J}
Brown Mary Jane’s ~ Payless sale


Lilla Rose flexi ~ Half-up in extra-small Enchanting Copper Rose ~ I thought it was all copper in color when we ordered it, but then the beads turned a lovely purple color when paired with something purple. J







With what book would you accessorize? What is your favorite accessory?




~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Hearts for Home Blog Hop


Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! (and I love that your children are such readers!) I am going to check out those books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, the books are sold in a set, and they're rather pricey. But with all the readers in our house, we figured they were worth it. :) I bet your boys would love them!

      Delete
  2. Hello Mrs. Carver! Beautiful Modest Monday photos! (I adore your daughter's hair!) I'm always looking for jean skirts. I don't know why they are so hard to find in my little town! Your daughters always have lovely outfits. I would love to see more pictures of your youngest daughter. I love ideas for little girls! :) I may have to check out those books, as we are big readers as well. Have a good week! God's Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie! The wind was blowing like crazy, and it's always such fun to capture long hair blowing in the breeze. I'll see what I can come up with for the youngest daughter. Of course, she mostly wears hand-me-downs. :-) Thank you for the suggestion.

      Delete
  3. My kindle, I have more books than I will probably ever read on there. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, don't mention the kindle! :-) It is so easy to load it up with books, and then I'm consumed with guilt because I don't get to all of them. Well, at least I'm never lacking for reading material.

      Delete
  4. My Bible! It goes with everything! After that: flowers! In my hair or on my shirt. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My "mom purse" is so full of everything else, so I love my nook- tons of books, with room to spare ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the second vote for an e-reader. Good choice! :-)

      Delete
  6. I adore the outfit! Your daughter is lovely and the hair! Oh so pretty.
    I love the idea of accessorizing with books.
    Blessings from Harvest Lane Cottage

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura. Even though this wind was a bit wild, hair is very pretty when it blows in the breeze.

      Delete
  7. I love the this windy picture of your 12 year old readimg.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)