Monday, December 2, 2013

My Daughter's Modest Monday ~ Christmas Clothes at Church

I have a confession to make.

I am completely obsessive with Christmas clothes. From the day after Thanksgiving until a probably-embarrassing time late in January, it's all Christmas clothes all the time. 
J I shop before season, during season, after season, snatching up anything appropriate and at a reasonable price. The children have picked up this enthusiasm as well.

I'm not a fan of cutesy sweatshirts, but sweaters, sweater vests, turtlenecks, cotton shirts? Yes, please.
J I don't do Santas or weird, attitudinal messages. But stick on a Christmas tree, snowmen, candy canes, redbirds, holly berries, and I'm good to go. It's just so festive to carry around a bit of the holiday wherever I go.


I love the elegance of this black outfit. The candy canes on the shirt provide just the slightest pop of color, and the ruffles of the shrug add a touch of femininity to an ensemble that otherwise could be quite stark.

Another huge bonus {since our family loves to be comfortable} is that the shirt is all cotton. It's just a simple mock turtleneck that could also be paired with a long denim skirt and black boots. {Ooo! Now we need to go shopping for boots!
J}



What the 14yo wore ~

Black skirt ~ thrift store
Black candy cane shirt ~ Kohl's sale
Black shrug ~ Kohl's
Black shoes ~ Payless sale



Lilla Rose flexi ~ half-up  in an extra-small Winter Wonder flexi ~ My daughters and I LOVE this clip. It's so shimmery and delicate! It was just released a week ago and sold out quickly, but it's still available on backorder. It'll go with nearly every item of Christmas cheer we own! J









Do you wear Christmas clothes? Christmas accessories?




~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Hearts for Home Blog Hop


Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. I love it! What a great outfit! :-) Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good, Lisa, and I hope yours was as well. It certainly looks like it from your blog! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hello Meghan ! I Love your site. Your daughter looks completely adorable...

    http://femmemod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them, wonder if I could order a clip and get it sent to my daughter in South Korea, she is almost 26 but I know she would still love that. Thank you for a fun clothes post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if Lilla Rose ships to South Korea, but I can try to find out, Sandra. Another option would be to have it sent to you, and then you could mail it on to her. A care package for her hair! :-)

      Delete
  4. Love the hair clip! :)
    I am stopping by from A Little R and R Wednesdays today. :)

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)