Monday, December 16, 2013

My Daughter’s Modest Monday ~ A Classically Cute Children’s Christmas Sweater

Are you busy? J

Christmas cards.
Church pageants.
Shopping.
Wrapping.
Get-togethers.
Decorating.
Baking.
Caroling.

I love this time of year…the festivities, the decorations and colors, the gaiety.

But since you have bunches of other things to do, let’s keep this blog post short and sweet, just like the 7yo. J




What the 7yo wore ~

Red corduroy skirt ~ basic tube skirt with elastic waist made by me for the now-14yo and handed down
Black NOEL Christmas sweater ~ Target originally, then handed down from the now-14yo and now-12yo
White tee-shirt ~ We collect so many for layering that I can’t remember where we got this one. J
White tights ~ Wal-Mart
Black shoes ~ hand-me-down from 14yo and 12yo


Red frilly ponytail holder ~ gift from Nana to the 12yo







Do you have any Christmas sweaters or clothes that have withstood the test of time?


Merry Christmas from your independent Lilla Rose consultant!



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Hearts for Home Blog Hop Missional Women


Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. How cute is that outfit and the snow is unbelievable, especially living in Southern Arizona, we don't see that too often. I love her hair. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are thrilled to have snow so early in December, and it came just in time for these Christmas pictures. Thanks, Katheryn, and Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Your daughter looks precious! My 11-year-old still likes Christmas-themed tops, though she's recently outgrown a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look for women's size small for my 12yo, although Christmas clothes are more difficult to find in women's sizes. This sweater was an unusual find and is now carefully preserved between daughters. :-) Merry Christmas, Tracey!

      Delete
  3. Meghan, I just LOVE your blog header and background!! Your daughter is so sweet in her special dress. Oh, to have a seven-year-old again!! I know she isn't your youngest, but my youngest just turned 19!! Sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judith. Enjoy your holidays with your family! :-)

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful young lady! She looks very cute in her Christmas sweater!
    Hope you all have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so precious and I love Christmas outfits! I'm glad I'm not the only old fashioned matchy-matchy Mama around! Merry Christmas friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that your post is among this week's featured! It's been pinned to pinterest and will be shared across social media. Thanks for linking up, and help yourself to a featured button. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! My kids are so hard on their clothes that I can't pass them down like that....granted I have a boy and a girl. But, usually I end of donating the clothes or throwing them away from the stains or holes, and this is from my daughter! She is very rough on clothes.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)