Monday, December 9, 2013

My Modest Monday ~ The Power of Green

Glorious green.

The color of Christmas trees and the evergreens that form the base for so much of our decorating at Christmastime.

A symbol of God’s everlasting love for us and the gift of eternal life.

Green is also a color of tranquility and balance found nearly everywhere in God’s creation. When you gaze upon the color green, does it not de-stress your soul?

Now, who couldn’t use more tranquility this time of year?



What I wore to our Christmas church ladies meeting ~

Black skirt ~ basic tube skirt with drawstring waist I made a couple of years ago

White long-sleeve shirt ~ Kohl’s sale

Green snowman sweater vest ~ Christopher & Banks gift from husband and children three years ago {But I can tell you he got it for at least 50% off. J}

White scarf ~ Lands End a couple years ago ~ I hate to admit I splurged on this one and paid full price, mostly because I was a moron and didn’t know where to shop for scarves. J I NEVER see scarves at the thrift store. But it’s good quality and will last a long time.

Black shoes ~ Designer Shoe Warehouse ~ I had not been in DSW for several years until about a month ago. They have incredible prices for good shoes!! I definitely see a return trip in my future…maybe for boots. J


Lilla Rose flexi ~ size medium Winter Wonder flexi ~ I shared this picture on my Lilla Rose Facebook page over the weekend, and a follower asked how I did my hair. The only way I could explain it was a French twist gone wrong with the loops pulled out the top. Well, my girls liked it. J







What’s your favorite color at Christmas? Green or red?





~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Hearts for Home Blog Hop Missional Women


Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. Oo. I'm stuck -- red & green are my 2 favorite colors! Pretty much any shade of red, but the greens I lean toward are lime or olive (love the color of your sweater).

    Your french twist gone wrong cracked me up -- I thought you'd braided it and then put it up. :) Whatever you did, it really does look nice.

    I like the winter look you've added to your blog -- maybe it's been this way for awhile, but I just noticed it. I'm a little slow. :) Your new hat & scarf are particularly fetching. :D

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kari, I just put up the new blog look over the weekend, so you didn't miss it before. The hat is a perfect style...it doesn't mess up my hair. :-) Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. You look simply beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have no Christmas clothes, sorry. And no special colors for December. But I love your outfit! It sweet, the small snowman on it! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home looks beautiful this Christmas season!

    I also look for scarves at every thrift store and can never find them. I live outside Indianapolis and have heard the Goodwill stores in the city sometimes have them. Perhaps, you could look in the biggest city near you! :)

    God's blessings for you and your family this Christmas. - Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scarves are so popular, I think I need to pop in to every Goodwill I pass, Amy. :-) Thank you for the suggestion, and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
  5. I Love your blogging style, its so peaceful!! Beautiful and heart warming outfit!

    http://femmemod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amanda. I appreciate your encouragement! :-)

      Delete
  6. Green any time of year unless it needs to be mowed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to see you in the Modest Monday photos! Love the scarf! I have to admit, I'm a bit obsessed with them, and splurge for a new scarf WAY too much! :-) And the snowmen are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I wear scarves, the more I like them, Kelsie. I particularly like it this way because it wasn't right up around my neck, feeling like it was choking me. :-)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)