Monday, January 20, 2014

A Fresh Breath of Hope for Monday Morning

I pull the flannel coziness up to my chin.

Inhale.

Exhale.

The warmth envelopes me, and I snuggle in my cocoon, whispering to the Lord.

Two words. That’s all I can manage at that state of wakefulness.

Lord, help.

My eyelids flutter open, the pre-dawn gray heavy in the room. I hear my husband in the bathroom, opening and closing closet doors, toothbrush scrubbing on teeth. It’s always been difficult to justify my need for sleep to a man who doesn’t seem to need any.

Sigh.

The heady aroma of coffee perking tickles my nose, and my eyelids settle at half-mast. God bless him, the husband who makes coffee in the early morning hours.


I pull the sheets back and swing my feet to the floor. I dig my toes into the carpet, planting my feet firmly on the floor of a Monday morning. As my mind begins its sprint through my to-do list for the day, the week, the month, the year, my gaze rests on my Bible on the bedside table, a prayer journal nestled beneath.

One essential to-do.

That’s all. Then all else will fall into its designated place.

I inhale deeply, filling my lungs with a fresh breath of hope.

I can handle that.












~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Hearts for Home Blog Hop Missional Women


Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Meghan I LOVE the way you write. It really transports me into the scene and English isn't my primary Language. Do you have any published book? If so where can I buy it?

    God bless
    http://femmemod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, your words are a soothing balm to me. :-) I do not have a published book...yet. I'm working on that, and this is the first place I'll announce any news. Thank you for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful Monday!
    I love that Bible verse! It is highlighted in my Bible as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're off to a good start, Amber. Have a wonderful week! :-)

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh....beautiful words of encouragement and life. Thank you; it's just what I needed to hear on this fresh, new day full of unknown adventures large, and small. And I might add, God, please also bless the husband, who never makes coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, sister! God bless all husbands. :-)

      Delete
  4. Yes, that is one of my favorite verses of scripture. Thanks for this Monday reminder that we can indeed "do all things through Christ who strengthens [us]." Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another most excellent verse, Deb. I so much appreciate your faithful commenting here. Praying for a terrific week for you! :-)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful wonderful wonderful! Beautifully written and just the words I needed this morning thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm blessed that this encouraged you, Chrystal, as well as me! Many blessings to you this week! :-)

      Delete
  6. This was such a sweet encouragement this morning...I shared it with my FB readers to encourage them, too. <3 Thank you so much, Meghan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisha. I'm honored that you would find it worthy of sharing! Blessings to you! :-)

      Delete
  7. May that always be our first essential to-do each & every day! So glad that I visited from Wholehearted Wed.Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to start the day, the week. Always enjoy my visits here, Meghan. It's like sitting down across from a friend, enjoying a hot cuppa with a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes!! My husband gets up at 3am!!!!!!!! I used to stagger into the kitchen at 3:30 to make his breakfast. Bless them!! I loved this post. Thank you so much for sharing it on WholeHearted Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)