Friday, January 24, 2014

Our Homeschool Week Highlights

Happy Friday! J

In our homeschool this week…

The 14yo ~

Do you remember that this is the daughter who won the $100 gift card to Wal-Mart in our library’s summer reading program? Do you also remember that my Facebook survey resulted in an overwhelming suggestion that she buy a kindle with the money? J She balked at that, preferring paper books. Until…she wanted to read a couple of books that I got for free on the kindle app. Hmm….


The 12yo ~

“Sisters! Sisters! There were never such devoted sisters!” ~ White Christmas

“Two are better than one,
Because they have a good reward for their labor.
For if they fall, one will lift up his companion.
But woe to him who is alone when he falls,
For he has no one to help him up.” ~ Ecclesiastes 4:9-10


The 10yo ~

With a little help from his stylist… J


The spy in his sunglasses with the mirror that allows him to see behind him.


The 8yo ~

Ever see a stuffed dog do addition? And we didn’t even take her to obedience school…the dog, not the 8yo. J


The 5yo ~


The 5yo saw the 8yo doing addition and subtraction review problems and wanted to do some as well. Of course, the ability to write numbers is a huge plus in math. J So, I found a plethora of cool number tracing printable worksheets and set him to work.


The 3yo ~

My current decorating scheme includes stacked buckets of polyurethane and joint compound, building materials that would freeze in our unheated, uncompleted home and in our garage. The 3yo thinks these are his drums. Now, if I could just get the girls to play fifes, we could supplement a study of the American Revolution. J


On the blog this week…




I’m reading…

Psalms…and loving the encouragement in the midst of despair that David so eloquently penned.

The Doctor’s Defender by Terri Reed, a Love Inspired Suspense.


Prayers for a blessed weekend, friend!







How was your week?


Four lovely flexis-of-the-month return for a two-day sale! Click through to shop at lillarose.biz/MeghanCarver.






~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Hearts for Home Blog Hop Missional Women


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a handsome hunk your 10yr old little Dude turned out to be!!! So cool!
    Brings memories back of our guys when they they were little --- fixing their hair and donning sunglasses........:) There never was a dull moment for sure! So much goofy-ness, fun and laughter!~Sweet memories!
    Enjoy your kids to the fullest --- all too soon they leave the nest! For me it was always bittersweet --- happy to see them able to fly on their own but still miss them! :)
    Love watching your family as they grow!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told my hubby over and over I wouldn't like a kindle, because I too, want to hold the paper book in my hand. But when he brought one home for me last Mother's Day, I decided to really try to enjoy it. Now, I don't think I could live without it!

    I had to laugh, my boys both have the same mirrored spy glasses, and they think they are quite the pair of secret spies!

    Glad the little one is enjoying his own set of drums! I'm sure he's getting lots of practice!

    I hope you all have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up at the "Our Days" Homeschool link-up. Since this link-up is so much smaller (although probably my favorite) compared to the 3M, I'm going to start pinning all of the posts to my homeschool boards for other families to see. ;)

    Thanks again. :)

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)