Monday, February 10, 2014

A Valentine’s Day Prayer for My Husband

Father God,

I thank you so much for the gift you gave me in my husband. I know no gift is perfect, like that beautiful sweater my husband gave me last year that didn’t fit, but You thought he was what I needed. I appreciate that. It was the best February 15 ever when, twenty-two years ago, he said Marry Me. He was So Fine that I was on Cloud Nine, and I know you brought My Man into my life.

Lord, on our twenty-first married Valentine’s Day together, I see how far we’ve come, both in our relationship and in our faith. As we commemorate this day of love, don’t let our love be just that of candy hearts – Yum Yum and Honey Buns and Love Bug. Make it of a more healthy substance, a Soul Mate connection. Let our love on this day focus first on You and Your love for us. For we love You only because You first loved us. {1 John 4:19} Once our love for You is foremost in our hearts, then our love for each other will grow as well.


Give my husband a consuming love for You, Lord. Not just a Tweet Me kind of love, prayers in 140 characters or less, but a whole-heart, head-first, no-looking-back love. In fact, give him more love for You than he has for me. If I’m his Sweetie, may You be his True Love.


What blessings you’ve given us in our children, too, Lord! How Sweet, to surround us with so many who are Cutie Pie, affectionate and considerate and loving, always ready to Hug Me. How Cool it has been to see my husband rise to the challenge of fathering. He’s My Hero, and I pray for his continued Heart of Gold toward his family.


Give him strength for the journey, health and wisdom, and a New Love for You.

I Luv U, Lord. U Complete Me. In Your Son’s most precious and holy name I pray. Amen.








~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Hearts for Home Blog Hop Missional Women


Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely, heart-felt post. Thank you. Happy Valentines Day to your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb. Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours as well! :-)

      Delete
  2. This is so sweet and such a fun, wonderful idea! I so enjoy your blog and all of your creativity! :)
    God's blessings to you and your family this Valentine's Week as you enjoy your love for each other and for our precious Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. It's fun to come up with ideas and see if I can make them work. :-) Blessings to you this week!

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful, Meghan. Thanks for sharing and Happy Valentine's Day to you and hubby. Blessings from Sheila at Longings End.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheila. So happy to see you here! :-)

      Delete
  4. Amen and Amen! Sadly, in the past, I've been jealous of the relationship my man has with the Lord. Now, my heart's cry is as yours, and I say with you, "May he love you more than me, and deeper and deeper every day, Lord!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are jealous by nature, Debbie. It can be tough when we see them so devoted to anything other than us, but amen to your heart's cry!

      Delete
  5. This was a joy to read! You made me smile, and expressed the sentiments of my heart for my husband, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jackie! Your comment made my day. :-)

      Delete
  6. That is very sweet!! I know what you mean. God knew what we needed for a spouse and He delivered :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you via the Fellowship Friday link-up. I shared on my blog that I would be praying for my future spouse tomorrow (I'm single), so it was neat to then look through the other links and see this one. Warmed my heart. Thank you for sharing something so deep and heartfelt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful practice, Sarah, to pray for your future spouse. I can only think that that habit would have amazing effects later. :-)

      Delete
  8. Such a great prayer! I pray some of the same requests for my husband - and am inspired to add some of your others to my list! How sweet our marriages can be as we put Christ first in our relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet prayer for your husband. Thanks for sharing this with us Meghan.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)