Monday, February 24, 2014

As You Start This Week….

As you slide out of your bed to start this week, whether it be with a firm approach or a hesitation under the covers…

May your coffee or tea always be hot and sustaining, the touch of mug to your lips filling you with a sense of rightness.

May you cherish each hug with husband and child and grandchild, a communication of love and affection and encouragement that wards off the final chill of winter.



May you take the time to slow down, to see God’s unfailing care in the sunrise {or the sunset J}, to fill your lungs with fresh air and your mind with fresh insight from God’s Word.

May your words be seasoned with grace and sprinkled with encouragement.

May the Son shine brightly on you, blessing you and guiding you and nourishing you.

May you reflect His light, whether it’s with the piercing brilliance of the noonday sun, the gentle glow of an evening lamp, or the tiny flicker of a single candle.

May you lie down at the end of a productive day, ready to sleep as one who is at peace with the day’s activities.









Thank you for indulging my blogging break, friends, but it’s good to be back! I got a lot of writing done, and I also doodled with a new blog header. J

How is life for you?


~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women



Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Love your new heading.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back and glad your week was productive. Your blog is usually the first one I check on Mon. mornings (it's such a lovely way to begin my week :o)), so there I was last Mon. looking and waiting and wondering . . . and then I finally remembered you were taking the week off from your blog. Duh! Drives me nuts when my brain isn't present at the start of my day. :o/

    I enjoyed today's post tremendously -- reminds me of the Irish blessings that one finds around and about. Your new header is a lovely breath of spring . . . it isn't far away, is it?

    Blessings to you and your family, Meghan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Kari. You definitely brightened my day...my week! :-) Spring is certainly coming, although we're in freezing temperatures this week. Still, though, my snowflakes were looking outdated, and I've been longing to get some pink on here....

      Many blessings to you, Kari. I so much appreciate your time here!

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)