Monday, February 3, 2014

Snowman Love ~ My Daughter's Modest Monday

In honor of Punxsutawney Phil seeing his shadow on Groundhog Day and thus ushering in six more weeks of winter, I bring you a poem written by the 12yo on her love of winter and snowmen.

May many more heads be rolled, body parts assembled, and smiles stuck on in the coming weeks! J


Winter

Winter makes me glad.
It never makes me sad.
The leaves have gone away.
Time gets shorter every day.
Fall comes, winter comes
And I like it very much.
Snow, snowmen, snowballs,
Such and such.
Winter makes me glad,
But it does make me sad
When it goes away.
I think about it every summer day.




What the 12yo wore ~

Brown lined skirt ~ thrift store half-off day
Snowman mock-turtleneck ~ Kohl’s sale last year
White scarf ~ borrowed from me
Brown Mary Jane’s ~ Payless sale last year


Lilla Rose flexi ~ half-up in XS Winter Wonder flexi

{Note: No children were frozen in the taking of these photographs. The temperatures were actually quite balmy on this particular day. J}











The beautiful flexi-of-the-month for February is here! There are still plenty in stock!



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Growing Home Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com MomsTheWord Photobucket 1-Minute Bible Love Notes Courtship Connection AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Hearts for Home Blog Hop Missional Women


Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. I am a Spring and Summer person. Can't hardly take the cold. So glad I don;t live where it is extreme with cold tempts and LOTS of snow.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting a huge storm even as I write this, Charlotte. So many are ready for the warmer temps. Stay warm! :-)

      Delete
  2. She looks very pretty and ladylike. My daughter, Emily, often writes thrifty & pretty posts at teenforthelord.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! :-) Great name for your daughter's blog.

      Delete
  3. Look at all that snow!!! I love how she looks modest and still very youthful at the same time! Blessings!
    ~Cameron
    www.southernmotherhood.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cameron. Blessings to you as well! :-)

      Delete
  4. For some reason children are resilient of the cold. My profile pic was taken outside when it was 8F in my fuzzy warm slippers (not in the pic) Loved the poem. Thanks for linking up with WholeHearted Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith, I LOVE your profile pic. You are a beautiful lady with a beautiful smile! :-)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)