Monday, March 31, 2014

The Lord Looks at the Heart ~ My Daughter’s Modest Monday

“But the Lord said to Samuel, ‘Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.’” ~ 1 Samuel 16:7

It’s fun to shop and to coordinate and to accessorize. I admit I have a good time with my girls, brainstorming for these posts, taking the photos.

But there is a lot more to life than clothes.

There’s a living, breathing, caring soul inside those clothes…inside all the clothes you see walking around your own home, your church, where you shop, at the library or the mall.

Do we look past the clothes and see the person inside?

I’m feeling a bit melancholy after a week of what seems like a lot of news stories about child abuse and slavery and missing people. It weighs on me. I don’t understand how people can behave the way they do, so unloving and uncaring.

So, as soon as I hit Publish, I’m going to cuddle and talk and laugh with the souls the Lord has put in my and my husband’s charge.

Why don’t you go do the same? J







What the 14yo wore ~

Beige skirt ~ simple tube skirt with a drawstring waist I made for myself J
Navy sweater ~ Kohl’s sale purchased for family photos over a year ago
White sleeveless shell ~ thrift store
Flower ~ no-sew fabric flower made by us J
Mary Jane’s ~ Payless sale



Lilla Rose flexi ~ half-up in an XS Music Lover’s flexi









~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. I love your modest Mondays! Thanks for your inspiration and the wonderful way you are raising your children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deb. Your regular encouragement means so much to me! :-)

      Delete
  2. I truly love these posts! Your daughters are beautiful and I wish I had their hair. I'm 29 as of today, and I find their outfits inspirational for myself. Thank you for continuing this series and sharing with us their outfits. When I see the clothing options for girls their age in the store, it's frightening. It's so refreshing to see young girls caring about being modest. You're truly raising some amazing children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday, Amber! Many blessings to you! :-) {Except I think I'm a day late now. :-(}

      I agree with you on the clothing options. Even my girls can't believe what the fashion designers expect them to wear.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy your Modest Monday posts! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too enjoy your modest Mondays outfits. Just like Amber, I'm 29( well going to be soon) and find it refreshing to see young ladies living out their convictions as it encourages me to live out mine. If they being younger than myself and faced with more than I was ever faced when I was there age, I can obey God courageously too. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Rebekah, God will help you be courageous! Good for you, standing up for your beliefs! Many, many blessings to you, and much prayer for your firm stand. :-)

      Delete
  5. Her sweater is so cute! Thanks for doing the modest Monday posts! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting, Julia!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Judith, and thanks for hosting your wonderful link-up every Wednesday! :-)

      Delete
  7. Hi Meghan
    I found you through Lisa's link party. I've enjoyed visiting your blog and agree totally that there is more to life than cloths. I'm happy to be your newest follower via your social media links. I hope you will come over and visit me to when you have time.
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for all the following, Angel. I look forward to getting to know you! :-)

      Delete
  8. Love the modesty.....thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)