Monday, March 24, 2014

Because Sometimes You Just Need a Bit of Crazy ~ My Daughters’ Modest Monday

Do you ever feel crazy…like independent, unique, maybe a tad rebellious…but in a good way? J

I have a lot of crazy ideas and thoughts run through my mind. It’s not something you can tell by looking at me. I’m actually rather stoic in appearance.

Nothing unbiblical or immoral. Just against the accepted norm. What if we sold everything, bought an RV, and just traveled North America, stopping to work odd jobs every once in a while to make the money we needed? What if we built a house on stilts…in the middle of Indiana? What if we painted our van bright purple, just because we like the color?

My girls have a lot of crazy in them, too. So when we get our heads together…J



There are a lot of clothing items I absolutely adore, but I don’t have the courage to wear them. Too many mean comments for too many years as well as being pushed out of my comfort zone {as opposed to being allowed to explore my own style} have forced me into the prison of what’s acceptable and safe.

But every once in a while, that crazy rears its head in a clothing choice. And with the camaraderie and encouragement of my daughters, we’re starting to work a bit of crazy in to our seemingly boring lives. J





What the 14yo wore ~

Black skirt ~ Only the most perfect skirt e.v.e.r!! Found at a thrift store.
Pink shirt ~ thrift store on half-off day
Black shrug ~ Kohl’s sale
Black shoes ~ Payless sale
Crazy socks ~ Christmas stocking stuffer


Lilla Rose flexi ~ oblong bun in a size large Cat's Meow flexi



What the 12yo wore ~

Black skirt ~ Kohl’s sale
White sleeveless tank ~ thrift store, “borrowed” from 14yo
Purple cardigan ~ Kohl’s sale
Black shoes ~ Payless sale
Crazy socks ~ Christmas stocking stuffer



Lilla Rose flexi ~ oblong bun in a size large Freestyle Tiara flexi {We seriously love this one because it goes with everything!}








Do you feel that inner crazy? Does it ever come out in your clothing choices? Or am I just crazy? J



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. Cute! My girl would love them. She got some fun crazy horse socks in her stocking- bright yellow with a horse on them, she loved wearing them and showing them to whoever would notice. Your girls are adorable! Stopping by from www.singinghoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girls would ADORE the horse socks! Isn't it fun how the right color or pattern can just brighten up an outfit...or a day? Thanks, Melissa! :-)

      Delete
  2. Glad you are enjoying having fun! :) My kids and I have so much fun together and I let them see a side of me that no one else really sees - I still maintain a good example and love the Lord, but we laugh and I read w/ lots of expression, and more. Building precious memories....glad you are doing that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said! My children see my obedience to and love of the Lord, but they also see how much good fun we can have together. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Love the socks, they add a spark of personality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fun socks!

    Found you via mama moments!
    http://musingsofamommabear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking I need some like that! :-) Thanks for stopping in, Kim.

      Delete
  5. I work in retail- Kohl's, actually! & although we have a strict (boring) dress code, I will routinely wear crazy socks with flats or a goofy belt with a tunic to add some fun to my outfits, especially around the holidays. Puts a smile on everyone's face. :)

    (Long time reader, first time commenter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kohl's?!?!?! :-) As a long time reader, you know how much we shop there. Great quality, great choices, great prices (especially with the extra percent off). I always love to see the crazy socks or other accessories when someone in retail has to wear particular colors, letting their personality shine through the uniform. Thanks so much for coming out of lurkdom, Elizabeth! :-)

      Delete
  6. I had to laugh. No, not at the socks...love 'em. We sold everything, bought an RV, and travel the US in evangelism. Crazy? Perhaps, but we wouldn't trade it for all the stuff in the world! Love your blog, BTW!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an incredible life you must have, Laurie! Exciting...fun...exhilarating! You're following the will of God, and that's an adventure. Blessings to you in your ministry! :-)

      Delete
  7. I loved learning this little tidbit about you. My mom is a lot the same. Everyone always thought my mom was a marine sergeant - strict and stoic. But rarely have people seen the absolute nonsense that she can come up with! hahahah! And those hidden spurts of "crazy" that come out of her are quite surprising....and the LEVEL of crazy. I could tell stories for hours about what goes on in that little head of hers. :) Imagine if the two of you got together. hahahah! Love these posts, I'm so glad you decided to keep doing them. You are such a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I let the cat out of the bag, Rosilind....and I didn't even share the REALLY crazy things. :-) Sounds like you had a wonderful upbringing with an incredible mother. Thank you for the encouragement!

      Delete
  8. I love the fun socks but I am usually not daring enough to wear them :P <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a certain level of not caring what others think...something a lot of us struggle with. Praying for courage for you...and me, Julia! :-)

      Delete
  9. When I came to the east coast from California when I was 21, I had striped socks with 5 toes in them. actually wore them!! Your daughter's socks reminded me of my socks. Yes, I still have that craziness deep inside. I think it shows in socks. Last winter I had a couple pairs of really crazy socks...they can hide in boots you know. Then at Christmas I have some "Ho Ho" socks. I wear them in my boots so no one knows and I can be crazy inside. Thanks for sharing this fun modesty post.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)