Monday, April 21, 2014

Dreaming of International Travel ~ My Daughters’ Modest Monday

I dream of overseas travel someday. We’re saving our pennies and making our lists for where we would visit first and second and third.

First, England and Ireland.

Second, France and Switzerland, maybe Germany and Italy and the Netherlands. Why not make it a European tour? J

Third, New Zealand. Do you think we could stay in a hobbit hole?

That’s why these shirts that the daughters are wearing for today’s post caught our eye at the thrift store.

And yet, as I write this, I remember the readers I have here and the friends I have on Facebook that are already living in some of those places. One friend lives in France and sometimes leaves her comments on my updates in French, a challenge to my memory of my high school French class. J {Bonjour, friend!}

Would they find these shirts funny? J

All together now ~ it’s a small world after all…. J


What better place to take photos of our international-style shirts than a hotel lobby? J I took these photos the day we attended the Abeka Materials Display. I apologize for the graininess. Right after I took these, my iPad decided it needed an update and the camera quit completely.


What the 14yo wore ~

Denim skirt ~ hand-me-down from me
Paris shirt ~ thrift store half-off day
Navy Mary Janes ~ Payless sale


What the 12yo wore ~

Beige skirt ~ thrift store half-off day J
Rome shirt ~ thrift store half-off day J
Brown Mary Janes ~ Payless sale ~ Love. These. Shoes. J


The 14yo ~ half-up in the extra-small Lilla Rose Copper Rose flexi

The 12yo ~ oblong bun in size large Lilla Rose Freestyle Tiara flexi ~ a little windblown and off-kilter from our activities that day. J








Have you traveled internationally or are you still dreaming? Where have you been?



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Hello Mrs. Carver,
    As always your daughters look lovely and I like their shirts. Makes me want to check out my thrift store.

    God has blessed me with a trip to Ireland this June and I'm soooo excited! I have dreamed of international travel since I can remember and Ireland is number one on my list. I never thought it would ever be but I kept trusting and asking God if possible I'd love to go. And He blessed me with it coming true!

    I pray that God will bless your family with many trips too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a blessing and an incredible answer to prayer, Rebekah! Enjoy your trip and savor every moment! :-)

      Delete
  2. Love it! Hello from a Kiwi reader (who has never seen a Hobbit, sadly) currently living in England. :)
    I definitely have the travel bug too - best thing I've ever done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, Holly, you've hit two on my list! We have traveled extensively across the United States, and I've been to Canada and Mexico, but never across the pond. I agree that travel is the best thing ever. It's worth all those trips to the thrift store so we can spend our money on seeing the world. Thanks so much for commenting! :-)

      Delete
  3. I love seeing the modest way you and your girls dress. It is so refreshing and such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. I appreciate your comment! :-)

      Delete
  4. I would love to travel to Ireland. We would also love to take a cruise...maybe someday. For now we enjoy our own scenery with camping. I love the Monday posts on your girls. So lovely! Stopping by from Titus 2's Day link up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Melissa, a cruise!! That needs to be at least number four, if not a challenge to number three for me. I've heard, though, that the "Christian" cruises are best, like with Charles Stanley or Karen Kingsbury. Fewer bikinis, I hope!

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to go to Ireland. Maybe someday.... I hope you can come by and visit:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/04/wholehearted-weigh-in-wednesday-42314.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel so proud and excited to hear people say they would love to visit Ireland. Please come!! We love visitors :)
    Lynsey xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ireland soon, Colletta and Lynsey! Thanks for the invitations! We're hoping to hop across the pond for a few weeks...in a couple of years. Seriously. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)