Friday, April 18, 2014

Fabulous Friday ~ Our Homeschool Week Wrap-Up

Happy Friday! What a weather week it has been…. J



We are blessed to be close to an excellent public library. As a Christian mama, I’m still careful of what we check out and in what we participate. But our library brings in some excellent programs and groups, like our local jazz orchestra! J


Nine members of the jazz orchestra came to the large community room and performed for an hour and a half. I knew several of the songs from my childhood, since my parents met in 1953, married in 1957, and lived in downtown Chicago for several years, going to various clubs to hear musicians and their groups. Both of my parents loved music, and I have memories of my mother {and even my father} singing snippets of these tunes. The children even knew a couple from listening to me.

So we heard the wah-wah-wah of the muted trumpet, the boom-ba-da-boom of the drums, and the plunk-plunk-plunk of the electric string bass. I wouldn’t want the razzmatazz of jazz all the time {an hour and a half was plenty for me}, but it was a great opportunity to hear some live music and see the instruments up close…for free. Homeschooling at its finest! J


We also had our regular day at the library, plugging away at the books to be able to finish in a little over three weeks. Yahoo!!! J




Also this week, our church had a little Easter party, complete with egg hunt, for the children. The sun went down fast so it was pretty chilly, but if you’ve read here for long, you know we like it cold. J



The 14yo and the 12yo were more than eager to help their little brothers collect eggs. J You’re never too old for the thrill of the hunt….


On the blog this week…




Building our home this week…

Priming and painting through this coming weekend….



We’re getting closer to done! J



Prayers for a fabulously blessed Resurrection Sunday!







How was your week? What are your Easter plans?




  Homegrown Learners
~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good and busy week.

    YEH, the house is getting close.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been colder here in Georgia than usual this week but no snow! Love seeing the kids helping with the house stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had about the same weather *shiver* I am done with snow for several months now please and thank you. So glad that your house is coming along so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm blessed to be in an area that got snow too... Fun week. (I'm hopping over from A Mama's Story)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great week! I'm reading from The Homeschool Mother's Journal link up. :)
    Tiffany
    http://thecraftyhome.net

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)