Monday, April 28, 2014

What Is Your Favorite Color to Wear? ~ My Daughter’s Modest Monday

My 14yo’s favorite color is blue. It has been for years, and she lights up when anything is blue…school notebook, pencil, Pyrex lid. J

So when we found the skirt she wore for Easter, her glow illuminated the entire dressing room!

I like the skirt…a lot. But I would not glow if I wore it. Make it green, however, and I might.

What does that say about us, both me and my daughter?

I found several interesting infographics about the psychology of color on Pinterest. You can find the one I pinned on my Pinterest board, Clothes to Feel Feminine.

My daughter’s favorite color is blue. Blue is typically a masculine color, which is interesting because my 14yo is not a girly girl. Blue is also a color of peacefulness and loyalty, both highly valued by my daughter.

My favorite color for both clothes and furnishings is green. Green is a calming color, one of tranquility and rest. I feel stress rather deeply and have had some uncomfortable relationships in my life. I’m not surprised that my favorite color for as long as I can remember has been one of calm.

Pink is a color of femininity. Is it any wonder that little girls in twirly dresses love pink?

Black makes you look skinnier. Hmmm….. J

Let’s psychoanalyze. J What is your favorite color to wear? Why?




What the 14yo wore ~

Christopher & Banks print skirt ~ thrift store half-off day
White long-sleeve shirt ~ Kohl’s sale but technically borrowed from the 12yo J
White over-blouse ~ thrift store
White sandals ~ DSW










Let’s discuss colors. What’s your favorite to wear and why?


~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. PINK for me. Love just about anything PINK. PINK clothes and I also have alot of PINK in my house.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun, Charlotte! I once knew someone who had a pink kitchen. I'd never seen anything like it before, but her husband was color blind and didn't care. It was cute! :-)

      Delete
  2. I have the EXACT SAME SKIRT!!!!

    I wore it yesterday to Church! My friend gave it to me for my birthday! It's sooooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds, Moriah! :-) We love almost everything from Christopher and Banks.

      Delete
    2. I have another skirt from them, and the quality is wonderful!

      Delete
  3. PINK PINK PINK. The more the better. I was very much one of those girly girls in the twirly pink dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pink, too. Do you still twirl? :-)

      Delete
  4. I a definitely a girly girl--I love pink, but my favourite colours to wear are purple, brown, olive green and burnt orange. I suppose that that meant the result of my psychoanalysis would be that I am indecisive! Ha ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you just love variety. :-) They're all good colors!

      Delete
  5. I love blue, too. Its a toss up between blue and brown for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue and brown look terrific together, Rosilind. :-)

      Delete
  6. I like the darker blues and greens because they don't show stains and dirt as easily. However, we have cats and those colors show all too well how much our kitties love us. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had cats, and they leave a LOT of love around, don't they? :-)

      Delete
  7. What a pretty blue skirt! She looks lovely in it!

    Green is also my favorite color. The darker hunter green color, not the pastel Easter egg color!
    It's also one of those colors that as a red-head, I can always wear!

    I've missed reading your blog. I hope all is well with you and your family.
    I'm off to catch up on blog reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes, yes to the darker green color, Amber. It is stunning on a red-head! We are all well and looking forward to school break. So glad to see you here! :-)

      Delete
  8. I love wearing blues, purples and greens :) I have a dress with that similar pattern. Your daughter looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE BLUE (maybe most since I wear it 6 days a week) and BLACK too (though I didn't know it made me skinnier) and PINK and PURPLE when I can find it. Is it harder to find pink and purple for adults?? I loved your daughters shoes and that is a lovely Flexi!!

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)