Wednesday, April 30, 2014

First Bouquet of the Season

When we were dating, my husband sent me a dozen red roses for our first Valentine’s Day. I was overwhelmed with the romantic gesture, and I thought my little heart would pitter-pat right out of my chest. There would be no more picking petals off daisies to figure out if he loved me or he loved me not. I had twelve pieces of clear and convincing evidence residing in a vase on my table.

Yeah. Pitter-pat? I still appreciate those roses…but take a look at this.


There was no paper wrapping to tear away with a surprised gasp. No card to declare his affections for me. No studied arrangement of blooms.

And I’m fully aware that someday I won’t be the recipient of his dozen roses.

But for today, I’m the love of his life, a worthy object of his effort to pick what he sees as the prettiest flowers in the yard.

I’m not perfect by any means. I have a lot to learn. Don’t we all?

But in that moment, it was a simple gesture of love. An effort to please.

An effort worthy of praise…and a smooch. J








~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. How sweet!!! Love his expression of love on his face too.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. The bouquets from our little ones are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those dandelion bouquets!! Sweet post, Meghan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious and beautiful! You are truly blessed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Now I know why God created Dandelion flowers ;o) Blessings to you on this Mother's Day!
    Come Link Up this precious picture tomorrow at Living from Glory to Glory Blog! He would melt the hearts of all the Mums!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the invite, Roxy. :-)

      Delete
  6. Hello, How very sweet this post is... I want to thank you for Linking Up! You are always invited and I look forward to knowing you better! Happy Mothers Day to you! May your week be filled with more happy memories! These years and seasons are truly the best! May what ever you set your hand to prosper!
    Love, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before being blessed with two growing blessings these flowers used to drive me crazy with their hartyness and their ability to grow in the most inopportune places. Now with two growing blessings they are the most fantastic flowers I have ever seen! Our daughter loves the freedom to pick these whenever her heart deems mommy needs some flowers. *smile* She also loves to pick every one she can find which makes the boquet evern larger than I would have immagined. *smile* When I put them in a vace of water or in a wall pocket from my great greand mother her heart and face show the pride she has in the love she has just invested in me, her mommy. *smile* Thank you for sharing your lovely boquet of love with all of us. Sincerely, Mommy of two growing blessings & so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how sweet. I just love his little countenance! Beaming with love. What a wonderful memory made.

    Visiting from Living from Glory to Glory,
    Kelley
    http://kelleyhighway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)