Friday, May 23, 2014

The One Where We Work-Work-Work on the House ~ Homeschool Week Wrap-Up

Happy Friday!

It’s a little spindly, but our clematis is blooming!



My husband has a little over three weeks off in between the spring and summer semesters, so we’re in our second week of work-work-work on the house.

It’s not going as quickly as we’d like, but what ever does? J Still, we can tell we’re making progress, and we continue to be grateful for an opportunity to design and build our own home.






We are soooo looking forward to solid wood trim, but man-oh-man it takes a ton of polyurethane!




The Bigs are learning about laying tile. We’re trying to get the upstairs bathrooms done so we can have a working commode (maybe three!), hopefully by this weekend.

Caulking on the outside is necessary but boring. No photos of that. J



On the blog this week…




Have a fabulous weekend! J







How was your week?



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. It really seems to move slow at times when you want it to be done... NOW!!! HA!!!

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wish I had more progress to show you. It seems like the same update every week. :-)

      Delete
  2. The house is looking great! I love the tiling job the bigs did! It takes time to finish up a house and sometimes it feels as if you'll never finish. But you will, and it'll all be worth it.

    My husband and I moved into our home last year (around May 10th) and we're about 3/4 of the way through remodeling it. Seems as if there's sooo many projects left on the list and it can get me down sometimes. What I do is step back and look at what has already been done, then thank God that he's allowed us to have such blessings. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent point, Chrystal. It is easy to get down when the progress seems so slow, but when I get my focus off the bucket of polyurethane right in front of me and look at the entire house, I guess we're doing pretty well. :-) What all have you done, and what do you have left?

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)