Friday, June 20, 2014

Lazy Days of Summer ~ Homeschool Week Wrap-Up

Happy Friday! J



Summer always presents a dilemma for me.

Nothingness or a plan?

Quite frankly, I’m usually a planner. Sometimes, I start to daydream of a summer full of scheduled activities – field trips, fun excursions, weekends away, and extra lessons that are difficult to fit in during the school year such as sewing and art. Sometimes, we would have days of nothing…but they would be scheduled.

But then reality hits, and I realize that’s not necessarily best for the children or for me. Learning to sew and time at the zoo are wonderful, but we also need free, unscheduled time and plenty of it. That’s why it’s called a break. J


Time for reading…


and coloring…


and cuddling…


and library trips…


and games and running around and exploring and creating.


Summer doesn’t mean a break from the Bible, though. J


On the blog this week…




Building our home this week…

Have you seen those amazing photos of built-in quadruple bunk beds?

We’re building those! Squee!!!



 My husband and the Bigs will be finishing those up this weekend. Then, it’s on to the flooring.


Have a terrific weekend! J








How was your week? Do you like a lazy summer or do you schedule a lot of activities?


~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Meghan,

    Oh, I am so impressed you are building the bunk beds! They look amazing!!!! Looking forward to seeing pictures of them done! I meant to write earlier to tell you that pretty much exactly one year ago, we were doing what you are, except, we had bought an older house, and had to practically re-build it (wiring, plumbing, knocking out walls, building new rooms, etc). It.was.stressful!!! All that to say, while I cannot know exactly what you are going through, I do remember and feel your pain and stress! =) My husband lost around 20 lbs (that he didn't need to) in the 6 months of construction work. Houses here are block and cement, though, so somewhat different than wooden frames and drywall. Not sure if there would be different stress levels, though! =) I love seeing all your construction pictures - you'll be done soon, and will look back to an amazing family project, and a job well done!

    We are looking forward to an unscheduled 4 weeks (11 days of school left) of summer break before getting back to school. I'm hoping to do four day weeks this next school year, and have different holidays/breaks than usual. I've never done it before, so we might change our plans again - we'll see! Our summer "unscheduled" days will have normal routines still (otherwise the little ones would never get their hair done unless we go out!), but that's it. It's too hot here to go outside during the day in July/August, so may as well have our breaks when it's cooler.

    I always enjoy reading your blog. Thank you for such a lovely, God-honouring blog to read! =)

    Love in Him,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with those bunks when I first saw them a year or so ago on Facebook. I would love them for my grandkids. I do wonder how hard it will be changing the top sheets.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)