Friday, June 13, 2014

Melody in the Mundanity ~ Homeschool Week Wrap-Up

Happy Friday the Thirteenth! *cue scary music*

Not really. J It’s just another Friday, full of hope and promise and joy.


I sat at the computer Thursday afternoon to write this wrap-up of the last two weeks, and I had quite the difficult time coming up with anything exciting. And yet…

There is melody in the mundanity.

The rhythm of life moves us forward whether we will it or not, sometimes like a lazy river and other times like the rushing rapids. Sometimes each day is a different pace.

But now I’m waxing poetic when this is supposed to be an update. J

We’re still on summer break, but every time I walk past those boxes of next year’s curriculum, I chide myself that I haven’t opened them and begun the organization yet. But then I think of my oldest becoming a freshman in high school, and I remind myself that there will be time later, after another hug, another smile, another read-aloud, another game together.

The 14yo has set up a master notebook to keep the reading records for our various summer reading programs. What a blessing to have a child eager to keep track!

This was the 14yo's to-be-read pile a couple of days ago. I'm fairly sure it's changed by now. Yes, that is a dictionary at the bottom. Like mother, like daughter. J


We do a little packing day by day. We filled a book box entirely with Nancy Drew's. Woot!


On the blog this week…



Building our home this week…

Slow but steady wins the race, right? J

My husband is back to work for the summer semester, so our work time is diminished. But the baseboard is done on the second floor, as well as the bathroom floors. We also have electricity throughout the house.

A ton of seemingly minor details have also been completed – caulking, floor leveling, cleaning, finishing a bit of wall we thought was done but wasn’t after all, searching for a cement subcontractor, completing the second floor railing. 

In the midst, there is art. J The 14yo sculpted these horses from leftover grout and drywall mud.



Prayers for a wonderful weekend!








How was your week?



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Do you think you will get to move in this summer? Anxious to see pics of the finished new house.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our permit expires in July, and we would rather not pay the fee to extend it, Charlotte. So, our goal is by mid-July, but it's hard to tell at this point. I wish I had a specific date to share! :-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)