Monday, June 30, 2014

Pretty in Pink Ribbons ~ My Daughter’s Modest Monday

When my girls were little, I loved to tie ribbons around their pigtails. We stopped at the fabric store and Wal-Mart many times to buy a length of ribbon, all different colors and patterns, until the lid wouldn’t close on our small storage box.

Then, we learned how to make scrunchies. I loved the ease of scrunchies, but that style didn’t last long either.

Now, of course, we’ve found Lilla Rose and their fabulously beautiful and easy-to-use flexi clips. I love flexis and wear one just about every day. So, I feel a tad traitorous to Lilla Rose with this daughter’s hairstyle. J

But there’s just something about ribbon that makes a little girl {and some big girls} feel frilly and feminine.

So when we found a scrap of ribbon left from the trim of the skirt, the 8yo thought it was a perfect complement to her outfit.





What the 8yo wore ~

Skirt ~ elastic-waist tube skirt I made from scrap fabric
Shirt ~ thrift store
Sandals ~ hand-me-down from the 14yo








What do you think ~ are ribbons always in style?


~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. They probably aren't always in style, but they are always cute! I love ribbons, bows, and anything else that is girly and feminine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem that ribbons come and go in style, but I've seen recently, on Pinterest, a couple of hairstyles tied up with a ribbon. Maybe they're returning? :-)

      Delete
  2. I love this! I am writing a series now on modesty maternity clothing. I would love to know your thoughts!
    http://forgivenformerfeminist.blogspot.com/2014/06/modest-maternity-4th-of-july.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left a comment, but I'm not sure it's showing up. Very cute! You make me miss my maternity clothes. :-) Thanks for stopping, Morgan!

      Delete
  3. I left a comment yesterday but it didn't ever show up. That has happened before. Strange!!! I love the PINK ribbon. So cute on a ponytail. She is a cutie too.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, Charlotte. It never came through to be approved. Thank you for trying again, and thank you for your kind words! :-)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)