Friday, July 18, 2014

Our First Day of School Photos ~ Star Wars Style

Yes, yes. I’m that mother. The one who doesn’t get first day of school photos taken until the third day of school.

Hence, these truly ought to be Th-irst Day of School photos. J

I blogged last week about tweaking our homeschool schedule to try to start school in the middle of July, despite being caught in the midst of building {and hopefully finishing} a house and studying for the Bible Bee as well as the usual summer activities.

We actually accomplished that, with four days of school under our belts as of this post! J The children dove in, dreaming of cooler temperatures, free time during the holidays, and an eventual vacation.

So without further ado, our First Day of School photos actually taken on the third day and done Star Wars style. 

Don’t ask why. They just like dressing up. J








May the force be with you! J












When do you start school? How do you take your first day of school pictures?



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

17 comments:

  1. so cute. you are such a good mom and i love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the costumes! It's good to see other kiddos love to dress up for school as well.
    What a fun way to start the school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why it took me so long to realize how fun it would be to dress up for the first day photos! :-) Thanks, Amber.

      Delete
  3. May the force be with you throughout this homeschooling year! Love the costumes, recognize many of the books, and I cannot wait to see how your school year goes! So many blessings on your hands to teach :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good, Chrystal, but I cannot believe I have one in high school! :-) Thank you so much for your comment, and blessings to you!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea! I know a little boy who would love to be Iron Man for his first day back to school :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Star Wars style first day pictures - awesome!! I love it! We haven't had our "official" first day for the school year yet, but as my kids get older I have to be more creative in order to get them to cooperate for First Day photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this would do it, Kym? Or a crazy outfit? Or a crazy hair style? The possibilities are endless! :-) Have a great school year!

      Delete
  6. I showed this to my girls and they were inspired! Maybe we will do first day of school pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. O my they are all so cute!! What a fun idea for photos. I am stopping by from the Homemaking Party today! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)