Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Swing ~ Twirly Tuesday {formerly My Daughter’s Modest Monday}


The Swing
by Robert Lewis Stevenson

How do you like to go up in a swing,
   Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
   Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
   Till I can see so wide,
Rivers and trees and cattle and all
   Over the countryside—

Till I look down on the garden green,
   Down on the roof so brown—
Up in the air I go flying again,
   Up in the air and down!




What the 8yo wore ~

Yellow skirt ~ hand-me-down from a friend
Green 3/4 length sleeve shirt ~ hand-me-down from big sister, originally from Wal-Mart
Knit biking shorts ~ Walmart
Crummy tennis shoes ~ hand-me-down from big sister J


Two ponytails with side part ~ Well, flying can rumple you up a bit. J









Okay, I like conversation on my blog, but I’m searching a bit for questions to get it started. Do you like yellow and green together? Do you like to swing? Do your daughters or granddaughters like to swing? J




~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I hope I never get too old to swing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to swing. If/when we move out of the city into the country, I've told my husband-to-be I would like a tree with a swing big enough for grown ups :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Meghan! I love the side part ... I love everything the sweet child is wearing! Hand-me-lovely-downs ... so sweet. One sister to another. One put her mark on it ... and now the other.

    I love to swing! I was thinking the other day ... about getting started on the swing ... how we have to work hard to pump ourselves to go high ... but that hard work pays off when you are soaring high! :) Kind of like writing. Even when it's just between one and their Maker!

    You bless me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit - modest, feminine and sweet. We all like to swing! We would love to have a big swing for grown ups someday...or maybe a whole row of them like at the park!!! :) Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have loved to swing ever since I was a wee baby. My Mother tells stories about what a colicy baby I was. The only thing that would pacify me was the wind up baby swing. My Mom spent some nights sleeping on the couch in between winding up my swing every 15 minutes (or however long in took for that thing to wind down, obviously I don't remember). She says my crying would wake her up every time the swing quit swinging.
    I still love to swing even though I am past the age of playing on playgrounds.....unless nobody is in sight, then I can swing to my heart's content. :)
    -Sister in the Mid-west

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)