Friday, August 8, 2014

The Green Shirt Family Out and About ~ Our Homeschool-on-Break Week

So…I know I said last week that I wasn’t going to do the Homeschool Mother’s Journal while we were on break. But I shared this first picture from the fair on Facebook and had such a response {for lil’ ole me, anyway}, that I thought you all might want to see the photo, and some others, as well.

Between the State Fair and the Children’s Museum, I’m counting two days of school this week. J

We’ve learned about agriculture, veterinary science, physics, drawing and sculpture, geography, history, and nutrition. {Not all good nutrition, but how can you go to the state fair and not have a corn dog? J}



My grandpa owned a John Deere dealership in a tiny farming community in central Illinois when I was a child. Even though my husband and I aren't farmers, we still try to instill in our family that love of all things John Deere.



Rodeo!!


And at the Children's Museum {yes, I washed the green shirts in between outings J} ~~


The 12yo trying her hand at Chinese calligraphy.


 

Learning to serve tea the Chinese way.


More with Chinese characters.



Glow in the dark!


Prayers for a wonderful weekend!









How was your week?




~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. This is such a fun post! I'm so glad you decided to share!
    Love the green shirts and LOVE, LOVE the tractor/family picture! :) So neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. They've loved climbing on the big tractor, so why not snap a few photos? :-)

      Delete
  2. We went to the State Fair yesterday. It's always a fun time there. And we love the children's museum too, although we haven't been to visit since Christmas and the China exhibit was still under construction at that time. It looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't pay for the special exhibit, but the Take-Me-There exhibit was wonderful, Linda. We hadn't been since Christmas, either, so it was neat to see all the changes. :-)

      Delete
  3. We just love those educational activities like that! Looks like y'all had a load of fun. Blessings, Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of our Indiana homeschool friends have been posting pictures from the Take-Me-There exhibit this week. I am thinking we may need to go see it as well! All of your pictures made it look like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fun post! :) Love the John Deere tractor.... the matching shirts that glow... and more. :) Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)