Friday, September 19, 2014

A Blogging Break

Happy Friday, sweet friend! J

It seems that the flood waters have risen here, and I'm struggling to keep my head above water. Showers of blessings, yes, but I'm having to toss extra weight out of the boat to keep it afloat.

Please forgive me for missing Tuesday's post. I have photos for another Twirly Tuesday, but that will have to come another day.

As you know, we are in the final stages (still) of building the house. That beautiful hickory flooring is nearly done, and this weekend we're picking up countertops for the kitchen and bathrooms. Once those are installed, including dropping in sinks, caulking, and hooking up the plumbing, we think we're ready for the final inspection. We're also to the point of selling our current house. We'd love to be able to move by the second Saturday in October, but we're not holding our collective breath.
J We’ve discovered that there is no timetable when you build your own home.

Homeschooling continues on, at least until our final packing and moving time.




I'm attending a writers conference soon, one that was planned and paid for months ago when we thought we would be in the house already. J That takes preparation of my materials, schedule, packing, and sewing a new skirt. I'm making due a lot with what I already have, but a girl's got to have something new for a big event, right? J

The 14yo continues her preparations for the Bible Bee. Planning and reservations need to happen for that event, including perhaps some extra shopping to be able to meet their dress schedule. No complaints here, though! The 14yo needs a khaki skirt anyway and that means more thrift store time.
J

The 3yo is finally having some success at potty-training. You know how much time that eats up when every thirty minutes of the day the child announces his need to use the facilities.
J



After nearly five years of widowhood, my mom is getting married mid-October. Rather than simply standing in front of the pastor to say I do and then going out to eat with the family, she wanted all the grandchildren involved. That means assigning roles, figuring out clothes, helping with ordering invitations, rehearsal, etc. There may also be some quickie sewing. Maybe I'll just set up my machine on the moving truck. J

These are all wonderful things going on, but I'm maxed out on what I can handle. I dread taking a blogging break because I so appreciate our friendship here. But I'm going to have to step back from the blog and breathe for a couple of weeks.

My current plan is to be back on Friday, October 3. That's just two weeks. Like I mentioned before, I have some photos for another Twirly Tuesday. And the last time we shopped, the girls and I found an incredible jacket that they bickered over.
J As soon as we find that khaki skirt, there's another Twirly Tuesday. Also, the 14yo has read the Duggar girls' book, Growing Up Duggar, and I want to post her review. Some of you expressed interest in reading about my mom’s wedding. And I’ve been mulling over answers to the question we get a lot when we’re out with our big family…how do you do it? J



Over the next two weeks, whenever you might think of us, could you pray for God's guidance and peace and favor for our family? I would appreciate it.

And how can I pray for you? Please leave a comment, and I'll pray over each of you.

Until next time, please know I appreciate your time spent here!
J











How can I pray for you?



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Just prayed for you from Fiji. We are independent Baptist missionaries and I love reading you blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy reading about your busy, wonder-filled, exciting, wholesome, encouraging life. My four (we home-schooled too) are grown and married with children - maybe I've told you already- and I thought that I was busy back in the day, but I wasn't writing a blog (there was no such critter then), nor were we building a house. Seriously, I don't know how you do it all! We'll miss you here till you return. Till then, you are in my prayers. How can you pray for me? I desire to grow ever closer to my Lord and be obedient to his voice in all things. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't blame you at all. You have lots of pans in the fire so to put one on hold is understandable.

    BLESSINGS!!!

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet friend, I will keep you and my family in my prayers. I appreciate your kind offer of prayer, as well. Things are very overwhelming here, as well, and we have many decisions to make and obstacles ot overcome. Looking forward to seeing you back in a couple of weeks. You will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are your family will be in my prayers these couple of weeks. I will pray that the Lord will guide your path and bring you all peace of mind at every decision you all make. I will also ask Him to place a steady hand on you with moving into your beautiful home and the selling of the old. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You sure are busy and do need a well-deserved blogging break! I will miss your posts, but you know, sometimes a gal's got to do what a gal's got to do. It's just that simple and it sounds like you are in that position right now.:)
    In the midst of all your busy-ness, may you have a sense of calm and peace.
    Looking forward to seeing you all moved in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for peace and calm in the middle of it all for you!
    Our little family is looking forward to seeing pictures once your beautiful house is finished - we're living out our dreams of building our own house through your blog and Abbi's at http://proverbs31living.blogspot.com/. Thank you for allowing us to come along on your journey! :)

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)