Friday, September 5, 2014

A Mostly Boring but Little Bit Exciting Homeschool Week Wrap-Up

Happy Friday, friend! J

We are so glad here that it is now September. Our hot temperatures and high humidity levels are supposed to break today, and we can’t wait. I saw boxes of pumpkins for sale at Wal-Mart a few days ago, and I really wanted to bring home a few. But I just couldn’t bring myself to do it in this heat. Soon…. J

School this week has been, quite frankly, just sitting at the table and cranking out the work. 

We are in the final stages of finishing the house and we’re also trying to get our current house as attractive as possible since we think we might have a buyer. Truly, we’re getting overwhelmed and are just so, so eager to have this all resolved. There will still be many projects left at the new house. {It would be nice to have toilet paper roll holders and closet shelves and rods someday. J} But at least we’ll be back down to one property and we’ll all be together with the big stuff done.

My husband’s work is busy with the start of a new semester and a new class, so he’s bringing home work some evenings.

And the 14yo made it to the Bible Bee nationals, so we have a trip to Orlando to plan and frantic prayers to lift to Heaven that the houses can be resolved before we go, all while we allow her as much study time as possible for those 175 passages she has to learn. J

Add to that my writing efforts and a conference coming up this month, and we’re a wee bit frazzled. With your permission {pretty please J}, I’m going to finish out this post with photos.



The house ~~



I am in love with our front steps and curving walk! I can see pretty pots of pink geraniums on those extra-wide steps and something low and flowering in the planting area....



Marking our territory.


We have a driveway!!



Five of the six are pitching in to help my husband lay the hickory hardwood flooring. They lay out the boards, push them forward, and then tap them tight. My husband then staples. Teamwork!


Have a great weekend, friend! J








How was your week?


~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life http://christianmommyblogger.com AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see those PINK geraniums on that porch. HAHAHA!!! Maybe even something sooner than PINK. Love the house.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home! Looks like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful home and handprint! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house picture with the lights turned out great! And then I saw the last picture. LOVE LOVE that they are all involved like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew! You ARE busy! I love the floor! Beautiful! And even better that the kids have a hand in creating it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your home ( it becomes a castle) and the handprint. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your new house is just lovely! And how wonderful that everyone is helping to make it a home! :-) Thanks for linking up with "My Week in Review." Hope you can join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/09/my-week-in-review-4.html

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)