Tuesday, October 21, 2014

At Grandma’s Wedding ~ Twirly Tuesday

Goin’ to the chapel and we’re gonna get married….

Don’t you love that song? J

My mom got married on Saturday, and it was pretty casual as far as weddings go. The bride was 82yo and the groom was 72yo, so Mom went low on tradition and high on surprise that a match would be made late in life. Joviality abounded. And who knows? They could have twenty or more years together. J

All of the grandchildren played a part. My 14yo and {now} 13yo daughters manned the guest book. My 10yo son was an usher, along with his 10yo cousin. My 8yo daughter was a flower girl, along with her 7yo cousin. My 5yo and 3yo sons were ring bearers.

Mom’s only request was that everyone wear blue, her favorite color.

The clothing came together for five of the children fairly easily. But the 13yo had to start from scratch.

We started with a fine-gauge navy blue ¾-length sweater that I already owned. No skirt seemed appropriate, but a trip to the fabric store yielded a fine-wale corduroy with a mix of blues. Her current navy blue shoes were pinching the toes, but Kohl’s had a sale. After all that, it didn’t seem quite finished until she added an infinity scarf in a coordinating aqua color.


Voila!





What the 13yo wore ~

Blues corduroy skirt ~ basic tube skirt with ruffle and elastic waist made by me ~ sale fabric from Jo-Ann Fabrics
Navy ¾ length sleeve sweater ~ Lands End originally, borrowed/handed down from me
Scarf ~ Wal-Mart
Navy flats ~ Kohl’s 50% off sale with additional 20% off J



Lilla Rose flexi ~ tails up in an extra-large Cameo Appearance flexi 













~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

11 comments:

  1. Love that skirt material! She looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that fabric terrific, Tina? I think I might make a skirt for myself.... :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like it was a lovely day, and your daughter looked great. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a nice ceremony, and the reception was held in a friend's home that is absolutely stunning. Whew! All went well. :-) Thanks for commenting, Terri.

      Delete
  3. Looks so grown up. Nice!!!

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really does, doesn't she, Charlotte? *sniffle* :-)

      Delete
  4. What a load very skirt, such a pretty outfit for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, my apologies for not checking my spelling, was trying to say " what a lovely skirt"

      Delete
    2. I knew what you meant, Jo, and thank you! :-)

      Delete
  5. That scarf is perfect! I'd love to see more pictures of your family from the wedding if you're willing to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what the 13yo said...squeals of delight! I posted more photos on my weekly wrap-up. http://meghancarver.blogspot.com/2014/10/mostly-wedding-photos-homeschool.html

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)