Friday, November 14, 2014

The One of Adjusting Schedules, Back-to-School, and Unpacking ~ Homeschool Week Wrap-Up

Happy Friday, friend! You made it to the weekend! J

We are finally moved! {Okay, that’s the end of my exclamation marks for a while.}

We could have started back to school on Tuesday, after the big move. But quite frankly, we just didn’t want to. The children wanted to dig out the Legos and organize their bookshelves. Plus, they’re having a ball running up and down the steps and all around the house.

Wednesday, we finally started back, which means we’ll have to do a bit more school in December than we prefer. I counted out the days as best I could without a 2015 planner, and we just can’t take as much winter break this year. But we knew at the onset of building that our schedule would have to be flexible.

It’s a good lesson in adjusting schedules and attitudes to fit real life.

And…ta-da! For the first time ever, we can stretch out our table to its entire length without difficulty. It is wonderful to have the room to spread out books and papers and still let the little boys have space for coloring and workbooks.


Even SugarPup seemed to enjoy her newly expanded territory.


In our unpacking, we unearthed some terrific books my mother had passed on to me a few years ago. 



These books got my little homeschool brain a-turnin’. I’ve wanted the children to study art for quite some time but wasn’t sure how to approach it. Now I know. Books! What an easy answer. J Once we get a bit more settled in, we’ll all huddle up on the couch and browse through the books together, reading interesting bits and studying the pictures. We can find more books on the library on whatever artists or periods are of particular interest. Then, we’ll finish up our study with a group lapbook. Easy-peasy, fun, and educational!

Next up, the Great Depression! Then maybe a little shopping in the reproduction 1897 Sears Roebuck catalog….


On the blog this week…



I’m reading…

Prelude for a Lord by Camille Elliot. A friend loaned this to me, and I had a little bit of trouble getting into it simply because of our schedule. But Tuesday afternoon, weary from unpacking, I sat to relax and picked it up again. Wow! I didn’t want to get up until I had finished it, but duty called. I haven’t read much Regency romance, but I think I’m hooked. I adore her heroine, her spunk and wittiness. I’m hoping to finish it this weekend, even if it means losing sleep. J


Building our home this week…

Unpacking, unpacking, unpacking. J Going tomorrow for closet rods and shelves so we can unpack some more…. Yippee!


Have a terrific weekend!





How was your week?



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. So happy for you all. Very thrilling to have a new house.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to get settled in a new house! Your love for books is rekindling my love of reading and I am anticipating a winter of books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving isn't one of my favorite things to do. However, getting more school done in the winter when it's not easy to get out and about works best for us. Having the Spring done with school is our reward. I'm visiting from Weekly Wrap Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Space is a wonderful thing when you homeschool. Glad to hear you're getting settled and enjoying your new home. Being flexible in scheduling is so important.
    Enjoy your weekend and pace yourself as you unpack. I've stopped by via Weekly Wrap Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting -- the table looks nice to have that much space. Enjoy your weekend as you find more treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting, Congratulations! I am stopping by from the Weekly Wrap Up and have read back your blog posts to Mid May. I just LOVE your quadruple bunk beds. Enjoy your weekend unpacking and getting settled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spreading out? What's that?! ;)
    Enjoy your new space. I love your beautiful wood floors.
    We're looking forward to moving (and finally spreading out!) soon, too.

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)