Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Exciting Changes Coming in the New Year!

How is your Christmas week?


My husband and sons installed our oven yesterday, so we’re going to get going on baking that has been put off.




I have a tiny bit of shopping left today as well as some wrapping. And we’re all looking forward to our Christmas Eve service and our family’s traditional reading of Luke 2. This year, our Bigs will be reciting it from memory!

We have a lot going on, as you do as well, so I’m taking a blogging break over Christmas and New Year’s.

But before we say adieu, I want to say thank you for spending your moments here, for reading my ramblings, and for leaving encouraging comments. I wish we could sit together in person, sharing coffee or tea and a warm cinnamon roll, and chat about life and what it means to be a wife and mother in today's society. In the meantime, we'll have to be content with our blogging visits. J I appreciate you more than words can say. You make blogging worthwhile.

I'm excited for the new year for the blog. I'll be introducing a new blog name in January, something that seems to define my focus a little better. And I have a book to give away to celebrate. J

Over the holidays, I'm also working on a new page for the blog...a chronology of our house-building in photos, from empty lot to {almost-finished} home. Some have asked for a house tour, and I plan to set up a separate page for the finished home once it’s actually photo-worthy. I’m afraid most of what you would see at this point would be boxes and piles and tools.

Finally, also in January, I'm going back to three days each week, and I am super excited about why! On Mondays, I'm going to be introducing a new on-going series. My high-school-age daughter and I brainstormed, and since we're going to be studying the classics of literature, we thought we'd also like to study with you. J



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year blessings!


See you in January! J







~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Photobucket Missional Women


Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't wait to see everything-- your house in photos, your high school series (I have two in high school now, so I will be definitely be taking notes!) and your new name! :-) I wish you and your family a very happy and blessed Christmas!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't just take notes, Lisa. Participate! :-) I would love a rousing discussion of the books we'll be reading! Merry Christmas to you and yours, friend!

      Delete
  2. Good news! Merry Christmas to you and yours, and a Happy (Exciting!) New Year! :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading, LuAnn. Merry, merry Christmas! :-)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have some new and exciting things happening in 2015. Can't hardly believe we will be writing 2015 on everything soon. Congrats on your new stove. Now yo can do some serious baking.

    MERRY CHRISTmas and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Charlotte. 2015 already? Remember the Y2K scare? :-)

      Exciting changes coming! Could you please pray that I can keep up with it? Merriest of Christmases, friend!

      Delete
  4. Will be looking forward to see the changes in January. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read here. Merry Christmas to you and yours! :-)

      Delete
  5. Your blog is such an inspiration to me in so many ways! I'm really looking forward to the literature study too. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina, for your kind words. A very merry Christmas to you and yours! :-)

      Delete
  6. Sounds exciting! Wishing you and your family a wonderful and blessed Merry Christmas!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph! So glad to see you here! Prayers for an amazing Christmas, friend! :-)

      Delete
  7. Hooray! I love reading your blog and can't wait to see what comes with the new year. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tristan, for your encouragement. {Note to self: Do better with leaving comments on friends' blogs in the new year. :-) } Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to see what you have in store!! I love following your saga!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really excited about your new stuff!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)