Friday, April 3, 2015

I Sold a Book to Love Inspired Suspense! ~ Dreams Can Come True!

If God has placed a dream in your heart, seek His will, pray, and work toward that goal.

Wednesday, a dream came true for me.

Last spring, I wrote an inspirational romantic suspense novel and participated in a search for new writers conducted by Love Inspired Suspense called Killer Voices. I made it through all the stages, and my full story was requested by an editor. As I waited for results through July and into August, I got busy with another story. In early August, my Killer Voices entry was rejected. It was difficult to accept then, but now, in hindsight, I see it was for some very good reasons. After a day or so of a pity party with chocolate refreshments, I picked myself up and brushed myself off. I took what I had learned through the process and applied it to the new story I had already begun. Last October, I submitted that second completed manuscript directly to the same editor who had been gracious enough to invite me to submit again.

Fast forward to earlier this week, and I was beginning to think I should send an email to the editor, just to see where my submission was in the process and to offer to send anything more she might need.

Late Wednesday morning, I was on the phone with my husband, preparing, when I hung up, to send that email. As I was on the phone with him with my email open in front of me, an email popped into my inbox from the editor, asking for a good time to call and my phone number. I don’t really remember the rest of the conversation with my husband after that. I had read enough from other authors to know there was only one reason an editor would call. J



Celebratory Dessert! "Grateful for simple blessings."


I fed my children and tried to get my heart rate to calm down, then responded to the email. She called almost instantly, while I was in the far reaches of the boys’ closet trying to find the shirt with the dump truck my 4yo wanted. I ran to the phone in my bedroom, but the answering machine decided to pick up early. What an awkward start, talking over the answering machine and the editor hearing some weird automated male voice with mine over top, but she was gracious and understanding.

I managed to take some notes and then call my husband back to confirm his hopes. His first response was, “Didn’t I tell you we’re going to have it all?” My tears of joy turned to laughter at his quote from one of our favorite movies, the Steve Martin version of Cheaper by the Dozen. J
When I told my children, my 11yo son jumped up and hugged me. He said, “I’d pick you up and swing you around if I could.” It’s a good thing he didn’t, or I’d be working on revisions with severe back pain!

So to you, dearest reader, I say thank you! Thank you for spending your time here, for your words of encouragement, for your belief in me.

What’s your dream? You never know what He’ll do if you don’t ask. J











~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms


Pin It!

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's so wonderful! When is the book coming out? I'd love to read it! So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Meghan, that's so exciting! I can't wait to read it! Your faith and hard work is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you!!! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is so awesome! I hope I get to read it! Writing a book is one of my dreams too, and this is really inspiring!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I wanted to write for that company a long time ago. I gave up that because I didn't think I had it in me to write a romance. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohooo -- such exciting news! I'm thrilled for you -- and thrilled that I'll be able to read your book soon! Awesomeness all round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Meghan! what an answer to prayer!! I can't wait to find your book in the store and gush about it and you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful wonderful news, Meghan! So excited for you! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so thrilled and happy for you Meghan!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful! How exciting!
    I can't wait to hear more about it!
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big CONGRATULATIONS to you. I am sure your heart rate was a bit fast that day. HA!! This could only be the beginning!!!

    BLESSINGS!!

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so exciting!!! Looking forward to hearing more as it comes out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations - I'm so excited for you! I enjoy reading the LI Suspense line from time to time, so I'll be excited to check out your book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! I knew it was coming. Just a matter of time. It's your gift. Can hardly wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, thank you so much, for your congrats, your kind words, your time here!!! Thank you for celebrating with me! Cake for everyone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wanted to stop by and say congratulations once more! I've always dreamed of being an author. When I saw your awesome success story, I took a look at the Love Inspired Facebook page. I realized that another contest was in the works, and despite the deadline being the next day I decided to give it a shot. I've made it to the next round, and I wouldn't have ever known about it if it wasn't for you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great job, Nicole! Yay for taking that first step! :-)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)