Tuesday, April 7, 2015

They Grow Up Too Fast ~ Twirly Tuesday

I had one of Those Moments on Resurrection Sunday.

It was a mom moment of overwhelming gratitude at the years I’ve had with my children…my heart was full to bursting. Yet it was tinged with that melancholy of a rapidly approaching future…my mind was too quick to subtract what years remain.

It’s a universal theme, isn’t it?

You blink, and five years are gone. Ten years. Fifteen.

My 15yo...15 years ago.


Where did the time go? Did you savor the moments? Yes, some. Perhaps not enough. Who ever has, in the entire history of time?

It’s a common malady of a mama’s heart.

Let’s move on, before the tears run in rivulets down my cheeks. J



What the 15yo wore ~

Skirt ~ discarded by my mother ~ One woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure!
White long-sleeve shirt ~ originally from Kohl’s but borrowed from the 13yo because the 15yo couldn’t find her own that we purchased at the thrift store. Got that? J
Turquoise tank ~ Kohl’s sale
White belt ~ hand-me-down from me
Sandals ~ DSW Shoe Warehouse, last year


Lilla Rose flexi ~ half-up in an extra-small Scrollwork Butterfly


Go hug your babies, and have a great week!









May I offer you a virtual tissue? J




~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely daughter you have! I look at my 1 year old son, and I keep thinking that he's going to be a teenager well before I'm ready for him to be so big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still mind-boggled when I really think about how close we are to the end of high school, a driver's license, etc.... :-)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)