Friday, May 1, 2015

The One Where We’re Counting Down to the End ~ Homeschool Week Wrap-Up

Happy May Day! J



I was looking back over recent posts and realized it’s been a few weeks since I posted a regular update. Apart from my sale to Love Inspired Suspense {Eeek! Still can’t believe I’m going to be published! J}, life has been same-old same-old around here, just plugging away toward the end of the school year.



Today is Day 161. That leaves only nineteen days left!

The Bigs are busy wrapping up research papers and lapbooks. Next year’s curriculum has arrived but remains in its boxes near the front door. I’ll get to it eventually, at least before we begin the next year right after the Fourth of July. But for now, I’m also enjoying the light at the end of the tunnel.

As we cycle down to the end, we’re enjoying the educational placemats we purchased at the homeschool convention a month ago. They’re terrific not just for study but for meal-time conversation starters also.


The four children who are old enough, the 15yo, the 13yo, the 11yo, and the 9yo, registered for the Bible Bee this week. They are so excited for the materials to arrive June 1. This mama’s crying tears of joy, super-blessed that her children are excited to spend their summer studying the Bible and memorizing verses. Of course, their attitudes will, most likely, wobble once we’re in the thick of it, but for now, I’m enjoying my tears.


On the blog this week…



Finishing our home this week…

Major fail in seeding the yard! L Spring has sprung, and the yard must grow grass to satisfy the final requirement of building. A couple of weeks ago, we found four bags of grass seed on sale at a local DIY warehouse store that shall remain unnamed. On an overcast Friday, we had dirt delivered, and my husband rented a bobcat to spread it. All was well with the final grade. Saturday, he spread the seed, and Saturday evening, the gentle rain came. It was the most perfect rain any grass-seed-sower could hope for. The rest of the week was a mingling of sun and more gentle rain.

Now, two weeks later, no grass. The seed never germinated.

My husband replanted yesterday, so time will tell. In the meantime, I’m enjoying my hostas.

 

Have a terrific weekend!








How was your week?



~~~~~
Receive new posts from this blog by e-mail.
Let’s connect on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
Or follow this blog with Google Friend Connect on the sidebar.
~~~~~


Photobucket Wise-Woman-Builds Our Simple Country Life AProverbs31Wife.com Missional Women MomsTheWord Homegrown Learners Hip Homeschool Moms


Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting published!! My first book just came out (totally different genre), so I feel your excitement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and congratulations to you too! Isn't it thrilling? Goosebumps!

      Delete
  2. Bummer about the grass!! Hope you have a gap break this summer.

    Charlotte Moore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New grass seed is down and watered, plus we received good rain today. We'll see. Would it be odd to ask for prayers for grass to grow? :-)

      Delete
  3. Love your wrap-up! I'm definitely checking out that Bible Bee for the kiddos. And congrats on getting published!! What a major accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd love to know if you register for the Bible Bee. We'll look you up online! :-)

      Delete
  4. What??? You are going to be published? I went back and couldn't find the post. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After we left, Pamela, I wondered if I should have mentioned that. :-) I have a contract with Love Inspired Suspense, and here's the link to my announcement. http://meghancarver.blogspot.com/2015/04/i-sold-book-to-love-inspired-suspense.html
      Still smiling and it's been over a month! :-)

      Delete

I so much appreciate your time and effort in leaving a comment, and I try to respond to as many as time permits. :-)